• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected picture, Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos rejected due to technical issues. 
Looking for some actionable insight beyond "Technical Issues". Feedback welcomed. University-5.jpgUniversity_sm-4.jpgUniversity_sm-3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

University 5: there is strong aliasing, suggesting that you blew-up the picture quite a strange way, or you took this out of a video:

Abambo_0-1653330695652.png

Abambo_1-1653330705102.png

You also have chromatic aberration:

Abambo_2-1653330752468.png

and a lack of detail:

Abambo_3-1653330794829.png

All my screenshots are at 200%, but you see the problems also at 100% clearly.

The other 2 files also experience the same troubles. If your pictures are not showing clear detail (or correct optical DOF) you will not get any picture through. There may also be a property rights issue with these pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi @Flippnbits , to add to @Abambo comments, I think the issue is with the camera settings on your drone.  If you are using the digital zoom rather than the optical zoom, that could cause a lot of these compression issues.  Ideally, make sure you are shooting in RAW format and increase your DOF from F2.8 to F8 or higher for better overall focus and details.  You will want to control the edits and processing of your images, and not let the drone do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

University 5: there is strong aliasing, suggesting that you blew-up the picture quite a strange way, or you took this out of a video:

Abambo_0-1653330695652.png

Abambo_1-1653330705102.png

You also have chromatic aberration:

Abambo_2-1653330752468.png

and a lack of detail:

Abambo_3-1653330794829.png

All my screenshots are at 200%, but you see the problems also at 100% clearly.

The other 2 files also experience the same troubles. If your pictures are not showing clear detail (or correct optical DOF) you will not get any picture through. There may also be a property rights issue with these pictures. That would be an IP strike.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is VERY helpful. I don't understand why that AS is so abbreviated in their feedback. I have a good understanding of where things went south and this is easily fixed. Thank you for taking the time to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would just take too long. Solution - have this forum where you can get more detailed answers from other users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Flippnbits , to add to @Abambo comments, I think the issue is with the camera settings on your drone.  If you are using the digital zoom rather than the optical zoom, that could cause a lot of these compression issues.  Ideally, make sure you are shooting in RAW format and increase your DOF from F2.8 to F8 or higher for better overall focus and details.  You will want to control the edits and processing of your images, and not let the drone do it for you.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always omit the digital zoom. Photoshop and similar programs do better and there is no more information created.

@reedesign1912,

As for the opening, f8 is quite closed for a small sensor. I would guess, that a much wider opening would give satisfactory results. I've done landscape at f4 with a full frame camera and the results were sharp, with no problems. It's about mastering DOF.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add a little more detail to this. It's my fault I should have watched aperture. I had just finished shooting video I had an ND filter on, I thought I would be fine but the extra stops from the filter forced the aperture wider. It's a humbling mistake, but ultimately, will make me a better photographer. Thanks again for your eyes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a good understanding of where things went south and this is easily fixed. Thank you for taking the time to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Flippnbits ,

The overall quality of these images are very poor. They give the impression of being captured with a camera with small sensor and shallow depth of field. Also they are underexposed. The other issues I see are already discussed. These will not make it to stock. I suggest you take a look at the landscape pictures on the Adobe platform, noting their details. Once you zoom to between 100 and 200% and cannot see details it's not going to make it.

Please follow carefully the Adobe Guidelines and these tips for successful submission.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines