Exit

Rejected Picture

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why they reject my photos of this style:

_MG_0448-1_.jpg

[moderator detached from different post. Please do not hijack posts for this, your refusal may be different from the others.]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Blownout, hazy overexposed sky and leaning verticals The power lines also spoil the composition. I would have taken the time to edit them out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

What was the refusal reason?

The image is missing contrast, and it is slightly overexposed, respective it's missing blacks. This is especially true for the upper roof/sky part. I do not know if you had a lens hood mounted, but for such pictures that is a useful tool. You can try to correct the picture with a gradient mask in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

In addition to what has been already said, you will need a property release because the building is the main subject and is recognizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blownout, hazy overexposed sky and leaning verticals The power lines also spoil the composition. I would have taken the time to edit them out. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the refusal reason?

The image is missing contrast, and it is slightly overexposed, respective it's missing blacks. This is especially true for the upper roof/sky part. I do not know if you had a lens hood mounted, but for such pictures that is a useful tool. You can try to correct the picture with a gradient mask in Lightroom.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what has been already said, you will need a property release because the building is the main subject and is recognizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @RALPH_L

Correct. Even for churches, property releases may be required if the building is of younger date. Except, somewhere, you can prove that for this specific building a property release is not necessary.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines