• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected picture

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to know your opinion on why this picture was rejected by Adobe due to "quality problems"

Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Hello,

Generally, I think focus could be an issue. On the sides of the picture - like here:

Azores landscapefocus.jpg

is not in focus. This is because of the type of lens you have - probably. Is it a kit lens that came with your camera?

The overall sharpness is also not so sharp when enlarged. This is one example of quality issues and therefore rejected.

There are also some signs of noise in the sky:

Azores landscapenoise.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Definitely too blurry; dump that kit lens asap! It's a good time to buy used lenses as many photographers are phasing over to mirrorless cameras and new lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hydrangeas at the front of the shot seem out of focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that enough to reject a picture? I decided to focus the town and the ocean, that is why de hydrangeas are out of focus

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it would be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see what you were trying to achieve but, for me, the hydrangeas just look a bit out of focus.  Maybe it would have worked better with them being more of of focus so that it looked more deliberate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hydrangeas at the front of the shot seem out of focus.

By @neils29683071

They don't seem! They are. But they even could be more out of focus!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Generally, I think focus could be an issue. On the sides of the picture - like here:

Azores landscapefocus.jpg

is not in focus. This is because of the type of lens you have - probably. Is it a kit lens that came with your camera?

The overall sharpness is also not so sharp when enlarged. This is one example of quality issues and therefore rejected.

Azores landscapenoise.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Regarding to the lens that I used, you are totally right, it was de 18-55 kit lens. I thought the image quality was at least decent but looking at the images that you shared I am starting to think that maybe I need to invest in a new lens. I would also try to reduce the noise in the sky the next time.

Thank you so much for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kit lens that came with the camera isn't that good. It's a cheap lens that is sold in order to reduce the cost of the camera. Try to look for a third-party lens that has a Canon mount such as Sigma. They do quite reasonably priced lenses that are better than the kit lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I"ll try to find something that fits in my budget 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @ricky336

The ISO could have been at 100 instead of 200. It makes a difference at that high resolution. The whole picture is somehow noisy.

The small details of the town bring the lens over the limits. The lens would have worked better with the flowers. But that would have been an uninteresting picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely too blurry; dump that kit lens asap! It's a good time to buy used lenses as many photographers are phasing over to mirrorless cameras and new lenses.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'll definitely buy a new less! Maybe a prime lens that is not really expensive... 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'll definitely buy a new less! Maybe a prime lens that is not really expensive... 

Thank you!

By @Jorge Reino

Prime lenses: you will need more than one, if you want to cover the range that a zoom lens covers. Prime lenses are sharper as equivalent zoom lenses.

Canon produces a nice 50 mm pancake lens. That's cheap and OK.

As said, looking for used lenses will get you a good deal. Try them out before buying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines