• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected pictures, asking for advices

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! Could someone tell me the possible technical errors for which these images were rejected? Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hello,

For the rock pics, white balance is wrong - it's too yellow, and the focus / DOF, I think is too shallow. Not enough of it is in sharp focus. The dog pic, again, shallow DOF, so basically, the dog's head isn't sharp. The focus is just too soft.

For the 'pinwheel' you have artifacts in the centre - you can see the pixels - very small blue squares.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Read t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi @moreno23491581x5kr , I also noticed in Ametista1 and Rosa deserto, that you have a couple of sensor / dust spots that need to be removed.  They are in the upper part of the image in the left and centre.

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

For portraits, like Lola.jpg, it is crucial to have the eye sharp in focus. Here, the focus is on the tip of the nose, and even that is not sharp enough, I suspect motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the rock pics, white balance is wrong - it's too yellow, and the focus / DOF, I think is too shallow. Not enough of it is in sharp focus. The dog pic, again, shallow DOF, so basically, the dog's head isn't sharp. The focus is just too soft.

For the 'pinwheel' you have artifacts in the centre - you can see the pixels - very small blue squares.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Read this about adjusting white balance:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @moreno23491581x5kr , I also noticed in Ametista1 and Rosa deserto, that you have a couple of sensor / dust spots that need to be removed.  They are in the upper part of the image in the left and centre.

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot for spotting that! Very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For portraits, like Lola.jpg, it is crucial to have the eye sharp in focus. Here, the focus is on the tip of the nose, and even that is not sharp enough, I suspect motion blur.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! In fact, Lola.jpg was taken way before I decided to apply here, my new contents I think are way better, but the confirmation that the eye not sharp are the reason is very helpful for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were you, I would take part in a photography workshop. I also did it after many years of self-study and learned a lot more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now I can't do it, however, thanks for your precious advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines