Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected pictures

Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it is my first time I am using the Adobe Stock (and in general first time working with any stock) and my pictures were rejected due to technical reasons (no details). Could you tell me why so I could improve? 

Thank you in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

1. Blown out highlights in upper right.

2. Brown haze at border between sky and buildings/trees. Looks like a failed attempt at sky post-processing, perhaps to increase blue saturation. Also sensor dirt in sky.

3.Crooked horizon, green chroma around sun, no detail in shadows.

I suspect the full-size versions of these will exbitit the same problems and possibly more, but these were probably sufficient for rejections based on technical reasons. All are apparent without even enlarging the attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the pictures, I have reduced the size so they could be uploaded. Really worked hard on those so your feedback and advice would be much appreciated! 

IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1539.jpgIMG_1158_e.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post originals. Shrinking is useless for advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Blown out highlights in upper right.

2. Brown haze at border between sky and buildings/trees. Looks like a failed attempt at sky post-processing, perhaps to increase blue saturation. Also sensor dirt in sky.

3.Crooked horizon, green chroma around sun, no detail in shadows.

I suspect the full-size versions of these will exbitit the same problems and possibly more, but these were probably sufficient for rejections based on technical reasons. All are apparent without even enlarging the attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can critique images best when the shown image here is near to the original in size and compression. This is, because sometimes the errors are fine details. Here, however, I think that @davidre has made quite a good analysis. I have nothing to add, except this:

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all the resources! I will make sure to read them all to get better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines