Copied

Could some one explain the quality issues with this photo please?ADS_145s.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

What is the rejection reason? Technical issues?

The picture is underexposed, as shown by the histogram:

Abambo_0-1671806281276.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

There may be other problems, but the exposure is the one I saw. The issue with correcting the exposure is, that you will increase the noise level. As it is an ISO1600 picture, that may be a concern. Moreover, an additional concern may be the highlights on the fern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Well, the picture is quite immune against noise. You just need to keep an eye on the noise. I would, for future takes, do bracketing to get the best possible exposure. You surly used a tripod for this picture. That would not have been a problem. It may even have worked to lower the ISO a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Every image requires some editing, particularly if you're shooting in raw. The first thing I always do in LIghtroom is hit the Auto button and then adjust from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

I probably have no image published anywhere that had not got some tweaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Your both absolutely correct and i would normally  tweak.  I wanted to keep it nearly original  and let the purchaser tweak,

By @Andy Durnin

The purchaser has no access to the raw files. That's a big disadvantage. Best is, to have correctly edited pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the rejection reason? Technical issues?

The picture is underexposed, as shown by the histogram:

Abambo_0-1671806281276.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I was hoping that the exposure was the problem.

They referd to is as a quality issue Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be other problems, but the exposure is the one I saw. The issue with correcting the exposure is, that you will increase the noise level. As it is an ISO1600 picture, that may be a concern. Moreover, an additional concern may be the highlights on the fern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally i make minor adjustments in LRC however this time i sent an unedited image.  I will look closer at all the points.  Also good comment regarding  the ISO.  I will see what it looks like after the adjustments and use it as learning experience.  Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the picture is quite immune against noise. You just need to keep an eye on the noise. I would, for future takes, do bracketing to get the best possible exposure. You surly used a tripod for this picture. That would not have been a problem. It may even have worked to lower the ISO a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every image requires some editing, particularly if you're shooting in raw. The first thing I always do in LIghtroom is hit the Auto button and then adjust from there.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably have no image published anywhere that had not got some tweaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your both absolutely correct and i would normally  tweak.  I wanted to keep it nearly original  and let the purchaser tweak, however in hindsight it was a poor decision on my part and it needed to be worked on to make it more attractive to any potetial purchaser.  Mind you a useful lesson all the same 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your both absolutely correct and i would normally  tweak.  I wanted to keep it nearly original  and let the purchaser tweak,

By @Andy Durnin

The purchaser has no access to the raw files. That's a big disadvantage. Best is, to have correctly edited pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines