• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REJECTED SUBMISSION

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Why were photos not accepted? Feedback welcomed!

-Also, I'm new here. And, just recently took an interest in taking pictures of the sky mainly, when it looks beautiful or bizarre yet, intriguing to me. 

-ALSO the picture is not photoshopped or extremely edited besides a slight photo crop but that has nothing to do with quality or being fake... My main guess could possibly be blurriness. Maybe?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one just had a darker tint over it- This is the only one I edited with a filter.

-I DID NOT SUBMIT THIS ONE 

but the sky truly was beautiful that day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have posted the "rejection" thumbnail. As you may know, Adobe's checkers will look at the original file at 100%-200% and we need to do the same. Please post the original file, the exact one you submitted AND the rejection reason given for each one. Certainly the second file has no detail at 100% - Adobe require the in-focus part to be tack sharp.  See the 100% screen shot:

TestScreenName_0-1661617657065.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies! Here's the original upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refusal response:

"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection.

Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only need to give the title of the refusal: "Technical Issues". The text is always the same and connected to this refusal. 🙂

Technical issues may be anything in your picture, including exposure, focus, saturation, white balance, artefacts from compression, noise, lens problems like chromatic aberration, framing. It does not say that the picture has been edited. Even, some issues get corrected by carefully editing the pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thank you!

I'll keep that noted (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to assess the quality, we need to see the original full size image that you submitted to Adobe. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in to 100% and you can easily see noise. Nothing is in focus, and it appears over-saturated. The composition, with just a little bit of the treeline displayed, is not very appealing.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Livy258363477xlyit looks like your photo was taken with your iPhone.  Smart phone photography has its own challenges due to the small sensor size on the camera and the default settings which can create great photos for the small screen, but those photos aren't so great when viewed at 100% on a larger monitor.

Here is a link that may be of use to you:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/smartphone-photography.html

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great explanation! this tremendously helped me further my understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually was taken on my iPhone lol... It has been an honor to learn from the experts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Livy258363477xly.

1. Photoshop is not a verb.  It's a trademarked noun.  FYI, Adobe are very protective of their brand identity and do not permit the use of their trademarked product names as verbs. https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

2. Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual & technical quality for use in commercial projects.  See these links.

3. Digital images always require some post-editing in Photoshop or Lightroom to correct white-balance, color saturation,  exposure and remove unwanted artifacts.  Some images can't be fixed in post-editing.  Set them aside or discard them and move on to other images.  With remaining images, compare your work with Adobe Stock inventory.  Is yours as good or better than what's represented?  Would you buy it?  If yes, submit it.  If not, don't.

4. Read this tongue-in-cheek post from 2 weeks ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/sunsets-are-so-awesome/m-p/13133674

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Photoshop is not a verb.  It's a trademarked noun.  FYI, Adobe are very protective of their brand identity and do not permit the use of their trademarked product names as verbs. https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

By @Nancy OShea

@Nancy OShea Just because Adobe wants to be protective of its trademarks, doesn't mean people are going to adhere to it.  Think of the many examples where brand names have become synonymous with generic products or processes (e.g. Kleenex for facial tissues, Ski-Doo for snowmobiles, Google for any internet search.)

Take a look at the online dictionary definitions and they have photoshop as a verb.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/photoshop

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/photoshop

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/photoshop

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/photoshop

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/photoshopped

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.  I'm guilty of it myself.  Using possessive forms or abbreviations of product names is wrong, too, we all do it. But it doesn't make it right particularly in Adobe's space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, photoshop is and can be used as a verb these days and has been for a while. It is a part of the English language now and it is fine to say - this image has or has not been photoshopped.

As a noun, Photoshop is a trademark name, but photoshop - small p - is not a proper noun and is used as a verb. It is not wrong or incorrect - it is the nature of language. 

It is too cumbersome to say:

'This image has been altered using Adobe Photoshop, easier to say, 'This image has been photoshopped!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but colloquial use doesn't make it "part of English language." 

Trademark registration entitles the trademark-holder certain rights under U.S. Federal laws. One of those rights is to protect the name from misuse as a verb.  

Can you make a Xerox copy for me? (correct)

Can you Xerox this? (incorrect)

https://www.owe.com/resources/proper-trademark-usage/

Whether or not a legal team would actively pursue such litigation depends on the damage it caused and who committed the damage.  Major news agencies must be careful about what they say and how they say it more than the average John Q. Citizen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without trying to take this further off topic from @Livy258363477xly original post, I would like to point out that words get added to the English dictionaries after they are determined to be commonly used by people in the real world.  Photoshop is now recognised as a verb and it is highly unlikely that is going to change.

I understand your point @Nancy OShea , about this being an Adobe space and it is respectful for users to know and use the proper terminology here, especially when it comes to Adobe products and trademarks. My original response was triggered by what I saw as your brusque response to the original post where you seem to jump on the poster for using a phrase that is common.  It came across to me as authoritarian rather than helpful.  I thought the goal of these forums was to be helpful.

I've said my piece and you're more than welcome to have the last word.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea : to xerox made it into the dictionaries and a Xerox is a photocopy and that is used, even if the machine doing the copy is from a Japanese manufacturer. The manufacturer would, however, abstain to put this in his manual. If you write a novel, you can use it, it's by reading a novel that I learned that Americans are using this as a general term.

For legal reasons, companies need to be careful to keep their rights on their trade names. I suppose, Adobe won't come after you, however, when you're occasionally photoshopping… If you are offering that as a service, it may be different. But yes, Adobe discourages the use of this term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy! I feel welcomed already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question of why I was refused my images is recurrent, and 99% of them are always for the same reasons. So as an answer I have chosen to give you the probable reasons and the possible solutions in general.

However, the first Stocks were born 20 years ago. They have hundreds of thousands of images, see millions of all subjects. It is therefore essential, essential that the quality of your images be irreproachable. What is sought are images with commercial value, put yourself in the shoes of the buyers.

Here are some tips: Be objective with yourself. Did you make a flawless image. Feel free to go to the Stock library to compare your work.

https://stock.adobe.com/

Here I think you started to understand my point 😉

Of course, you can be in the right place, at the right time, in the best conditions and take THE photo….. But that rarely happens.

So, the basis is to know your equipment and your real capacities as a photographer.

Framing: good composition (rule of thirds), horizon line and straight vertical line, guidelines, odd number of subjects, free space for text, etc….

Techniques: light, exposure (histogram), white and color balance, focus.

Post-processing: removal of chromatic aberrations, noise removal, etc.

Shooting: use a tripod if necessary, wireless trigger, filters if necessary...

Your skills: vary your photographic subjects, create collections.

Wanted photos: Follow trends, fashions, seasonality. Humans (Beware of permissions), photos that are difficult to access, photos with drones, contextual images such as parties with folk costumes, daily life, textures such as wood, stone, grass (why not), work in business, food.

To be avoided except for editorial, if necessary authorization required: Recognizable Human, logos, brand, posters, shop name, certain buildings and monuments, etc….

Here you are now ready to provide the best of the best. Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines