• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected submissions

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been submitting to Adobe for a few years and have recently noticed a large uptick in rejected submissions. Recently I had 5 out of 5 submissions rejected mostly for "Quality Issues". That had never happened before and I submitted one of them elsewhere (Getty) and it was accepted. Then I looked back at previous rejections which had been mainly for "Technical Issues" and found that all of those reasons had been changed to "Quality Issues".

What's going on at Adobe? Anyone else see this type of thing?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je pense que la rĆ©ponse est dans la question. Nous sommes de plus en plus nombreux comme contributeur. DĆØs lors Stock n'accepte que le meilleur du meilleur. Ils peuvent se le permettre et c'est tant mieux pour la qualitĆ© photographique, mais aussi pour nous pauvre contributeur, dans le sens que nous aussi nous devons viser la perfection. Only the best is enough good !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tomr94703610,

I suggest you upload here one of those you think Adobe should accept so that we can have a look and help you identify the issue.

I assume you went through the Adobe guidelines already, but you could take a look at the list of requirements and see what to look for and correct at this link. Remember you need to inspect you files at between 100 and 200% to see most of the issues.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacquelin

I am uploading two recent submissions to Adobe including the one that was accepted elsewhere. I have downsized them so they would fit.8235 Mt Whitney-Edit-2 rev1crp1wa-g.jpg8106 Alabama Hillsuntitled -1 rev1 rev1crp1-2wa.jpg

My concern is that I had submitted 5 photos in one submission and all 5 were rejected. Prior to that with over 1200 photos submitted, I had a >90% acceptance rate. I know the reasons that cause rejection and avoid them.

The other thing I noticed is that all my previous rejections were described as being for "Technical Issues"  and a few for Intellectual Property Refusal. All the previous "Technical Issue" refusals are now described as "Quality Issues". Why this change?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at at the reasons for rejections, you'll find technical or quality issues listed as one of the reasons which I'm sure you are already familiar with.  I believe the wording has changed recently for the rejection message based on a few previous posts with similar questions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

I can confirm both of these have technical issues, although I like the photos and could see them going either way.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @tomr94703610,

Beautiful scenes. I would not pay much attention to whatever blanket phrase or words used to describe a file not accepted. Frankly I prefer the use of "Quality Issue" rather than "Technical Issue", because in truth with the exception of composition, they are all quality issues. I think the phrase technical Issue was just a diplomatic way of saying poor quality. 

Many of us make the mistake of refusing to gather new information of old subjects because we believe we have all the info on the subject. Old subjects are always updated especially when it comes from different people. And even from the same person many times new ideas, point, discoveries, and information are added. I also like reading over the same old information even when it's not updated because the brain many times skips points that it will focus on the next time you read. I suggest you read in details the information at the link I post. 

Both files are out of focus and noisy. They have both chromatic noise and luminance. The second file is over saturated. The sky looks unnatural.

If you look carefully you'll notice that the colors are not smooth and there are some purple and other unrelated colors on the mountain. Look in the sky and you'll see the grains.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1660435107702.png

jacquelingphoto2017_4-1660435430705.png

Details are lost due to poor focus.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1660435300321.png

Soft edge.

jacquelingphoto2017_3-1660435378650.png

All you need to know to avoid something like this in the future is in the link I post here.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Check your equipment.  When was the last time your camera, sensors and lenses were cleaned?
  • How many megapixels does your camera have?  Low megapixel cameras can't create the same pixel density that higher megapixel cameras can.

To give more constructive feedback, we need to see the rejected images (full size).

In the meantime, compare your work with other Adobe Stock inventory in your keyword category. Would you buy yours over what's already represented?

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  The standards are high and that bar keeps rising as photographers and their equipment keeps improving.

As to why Technical issues was changed to Quality problems, that's probably a wording decision made by Adobe.  Many people particularly inexperienced photographers don't know what Technical issues refers to.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines