• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected submissions

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know why the last submissions were rejected so I can correct, the more detailed feedback I can get the better, thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

All 3 have the same technical issues:  Subject is not in focus, blown highlights and the cutout work on the edges is not well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 3 have the same technical issues:  Subject is not in focus, blown highlights and the cutout work on the edges is not well done.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I agree with Jill's feedback.  I would add that there is also a very noticibe colorcast on the bottom portion of the red apple.  It looks like there was a reflection off the surface beneath the apple.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jaime26450621a707,

To add to what @Jill_C  said, the first and last photos have white balance issues and the second photo is a bit over exposed. To get good cropping the edge of your subjects must be sharp, otherwise you'll get jagged edges. 

You might find this video about mask selecting in Photoshop helpful for future submission.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think I relied on auto subject masking alone without zooming in and rechecking so left jagged edges. The focus and blown out highlights I will work on too for future submissions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jaime26450621a707 

You are welcome.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines