• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected technical issues not specific

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image was rejected technical issues not specific enough. Why was this rejected. I rendered from photo in Adobe capture then added stuff in photoshop. 
any ideas? Thx

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View at 250%. The edges are not sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a discussion just the other day about some graphics that were rejected that were made in Photoshop.  The consensus was that simply submitting a graphic as a photo instead of a vector may be in a to net a technical rejection.  Regardless when I look at this, I believe having it as a vector would be more appropriate.

There's some other subtle things in here as well.  Like @RALPH_L pointed out that when zoomed in the edges appear jagged.  The graphic isn't centered in the frame, and the line splitting the two colors of the circle is also not centered.  The bow tie, the circle, and the dog all appeared to be varying levels of sharp & blurry.  I don't know what if any of what I mentioned the reviewers paid attention and I believe them to be correctable.

I wonder if the dog graphic would have more commercial value without the bow tie and colored circle?  But the commercial value isn't in question here.

Good luck!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Boston terrier pup was a photo 1.) I brought into Adobe Capture . That program auto traces images in black . I think they are vectors at that point. 2.) brought that image into photoshop. 3) added bow tie and colors. 4) saved as jpeg to upload to Adobe stock. It's not a photo at this point, it's not a vector. It's an illustration , rendering . So , saying that you realize the edges are jagged . And why do I need a model or property release for my dog ? 🤷‍:female_sign:Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And should I resubmit Again with a new image from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrations should be submitted as vectors, not jpegs.  See link below.

Using autotrace is also discouraged as it makes the illustration harder to alter with an absurd number of anchor points.  

Adobe doesn't know whose artwork it is until you fill out the form.  If it's your artwork, you just fill it out with you as the artist.

This link has more info on Adobe Stock Contributor rejections.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html#:~:text=Files%20ma....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I wasn’t aware of this knowledge since I am new
to contributing to stock imagery. Original Illustrations can be done in
photoshop with the brushes , one can actually draw and paint there plus in
the fresco app and they are not vector images.
Thanks again for your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many similarities to Photoshop and Illustrator.  I do not mean this sarcastically when I say their uses are hinted in their names.  I hope you create some awesome illustrations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your artistic advice & wisdom appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there are plenty of articles and videos floating around the web about vector vs raster images, why autotrace isn't particularly suited for commercial work, and better ways to create vectors from photos.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines