• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected - technical issues

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New photographer here - I'm wondering what caused my first few uploads to be rejected for 'Technical issues'. Any advice welcome 🙂

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Focus is not sharp enough in your floral images, either because of subject motion, camera motion, and/or a too narrow depth of field. While photographing and editing floral images can be fun and good practice, there are already many millions of flowers in the Adobe Stock databases, so the likelihood that you'll ever sell one is quite remote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus is not sharp enough in your floral images, either because of subject motion, camera motion, and/or a too narrow depth of field. While photographing and editing floral images can be fun and good practice, there are already many millions of flowers in the Adobe Stock databases, so the likelihood that you'll ever sell one is quite remote. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noting ventured; nothing gained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects. Read these links.

Examine your images at 100-300% magnification.

The focus is too soft.  Edges look fury, not sharply defined.

image.png

If I tried to use this image on a commercial T-shirt for example, it would be a mess of bleeding edges and not very attractive when printed.

Also I agree with @Jill_C regarding the sales potential of plants & flowers.  The competition in this category is enormous.  You'll be lucky to get many views much sell anything. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @RebNZphotos,

The blurred background is a bit disturbing. There is not enough contrast between the subject and that blur. Also there is evidence of shake. 

I love the second photo. It is really a nice banana blossom. The problem is that it has a blue color cast. You need to fix that white balance issue.

The third photo is underexposed and noisy.

The fourth photo does not have enough contrast. I is not well focused and also has shakes.

To avoid shake you need to do one of or both of two things, use a tripod and use high shutter speed.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines