Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REJECTED TO THE PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
Unfortunately, pictures in my profile are repeatedly rejected with the remark "REJECTED TO THE PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY".
My problem is that there is no intellectual property protection for what is shown in the pictures, these are public things that are shown everywhere, wherever and even worse, the pictures where these things are shown are uploaded by others and by the there are no complaints, please do not let me know that the pictures are older and from the previous provider that you have taken over, the pictures are as good as new!
I am really considering leaving it here and looking for another provider who has more sensitivity for the research of the pictures and does not declare a lighthouse or a museum ship etc. as intellectual property.
Maybe you should maybe show me where it says that the intellectual property of others is ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteMaybe you should maybe show me where it says that the intellectual property of others is ...

By @grafzahl

Post the picture, so that we can analyse. This is IP in the sense of using the asset in commercial projects, not in the sense that it is forbidden to take a picture and publish it somewhere in a gallery.

And yes, some pictures in the database would not be accepted any more today for different reasons.

FYI: I'll move this to the correct forum, which is the Stock Contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting some specific examples?  You've caught my curiosity.  I'm under the impression most things in a museum are owned by a private party or the museum itself, including boats.  All of the lighthouses in my area are also owned by a non-profit or individuals.  

I would be interested to know of places or things others have posted that you've been rejected for.  Its entirely possible they have obtained a property release to use the photos commercially.  

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's just start with this ...
This is the Westerhever lighthouse, there are 25 pages in Adobe Stock and nobody can tell me that the hundreds of pictures are from old stocks.
it continues with the pier in Sellin, of which there are eleven pages and there are current pictures at, the pier is shown from all sides.
What is the legal basis for the museum ship?
there are even current pictures of them here in Adobe Stock.
This is how it continues with the ship on the Elbe, that is the AIDA, I can also find the very latest pictures of it at adobe stock.
who actually controls whether it is intellectual property or not ???
Perhaps you should send the photographer concerned a link with where it says that it is intellectual property.
I also can't understand why pictures are sorted out where you see people but can never and never recognize who it is or cannot even say whether it is a man or a woman.
I can understand this rule, but not that the whole thing is carried out like an arbitrary rule, just because there is a name somewhere or a person building that maybe a tree can be seen in the picture ...
stay healthy and have a great rainy sunday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three last contain logos and ship names or similar. They present also technical issues btw. As for the first, I can see only the watermark. But I suppose on the submitted picture, you omitted that, did you?  I could not even see too much technical issues. That is probably the only one that could or should pass.

It's Adobe's discretion to refuse an asset, but sometimes on rare occasions, assets get accepted or refused by error. And if you look at the volume of the submitted pictures and the fact that the first, but may be not the only defect leaves to a refusal, it would be a big work charge for the moderators to point out every defect in your pictures. We contributors are not the one who count, but the customers. Having unhappy customers will be more difficult to cope with than unhappy contributors.

Also, if the moderator things people could gotten recognized, you get a refusal, even if no one can recognize him- or herself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add: IP can also be because of the keywords and/or the title. So look also at those, when you do not see the fault on the pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @grafzahl,

Check the Stock license. Editorial Use Only images cannot be used commercially.  They are what you typically see in newsworthy articles, blogs & media.  Perhaps that's what you saw in Stock.  Adobe does not accept Editorial Use Only images from regular contributors, only trusted partners and agencies may submit them.  

Adobe Stock is a worldwide company and must protect their customers from any possible legal claims. You either comply with their rules or not, your choice.

Property types that may require a property release:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

• Famous landmarks, historic locations, and modern architecture
  • Copyrighted works like art, books, maps, fictional characters
  • Identifiable exterior or interior of private homes and buildings
  • Distinctive product shapes like toys, bottles, luxury furniture, vehicles, airplanes
  • Unique animals, such as race horses, famous pets, certain zoo animals
  • Properties with photography policies, which may include stadiums, museums, concert venues, amusement parks

Known Image Restrictions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to put it that way, if I were to examine all of the pictures here for their intellectual property and question the parameters that you are committed to here, then almost no pictures would remain in the portfolio.
I hope you will soon judge the submitted pictures with a little more sensitivity and do more research as to whether a picture is really intellectual property, etc.
stay healthy and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the examples.  I am only familiar with IP laws in the United States, but here we have very few restrictions of things we are allowed to photograph and use for Fine Art or Editorial uses.  Commercial use needs a property or model release for recognizable people or things that have been created.  There are still subjects to be avoided even for Editorial such as graffiti.

"who actually controls whether it is intellectual property or not ???"  The laws of the country the photos are being taken or used in would control that.  So a photo taken in Germany is subject to German IP laws.

"What is the legal basis for the museum ship?"  The ship is owned by someone, definitely by the German Navy at some point.  It appears to be owned by a company or non profit at the moment referred to as the "development association".  They most likely hold the intellectual property rights to it, although it could be the ship builder as well.  Or thats how it would work in the US at least, not sure about German IP laws.

"there are even current pictures of them here in Adobe Stock."  The other photos I found didn't have the name of the ship on it,  I think @Abambo mentioned that might have been it as well.  They could also have permission from the owning company/non-profit.

The Westerhever Lighthouse is an interesting case, as it seems to be owned and operated by Germany.  I wonder if the German goverment would have to sign a release?

The other 3 photos would need property releases if photographed in the US and used commercially.  Not sure about Germany's or Thailand's laws.

These may be acceptable if submitted as editorial stock, but I don't believe Adobe is accepting editorial from most contributors and use partner companies like Getty Images for Editorial content.  You may also be seeing some assets that are inherited from Fotolia accounts (just a guess).

Best of luck on future contributions!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighthouse is underexpposed. DieNit Picutres is a copyright problem.  Also watermarks are NOT allowed on Stock submissions.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logo is not on the picture I have posted here, it's practically just a demo picture, but the picture is the same.
The only problem is that you just mechanically go to the picture that is uploaded here and then just judge from your gut without really doing research whether something on the picture is intellectual property!
If you were to question all the pictures, there would be hardly any pictures here.
I hope it will get a little better here and it will be judged better.
stay healthy and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here is an Adobe Stock Reviewer.  We are all Stock customers and /or contributors like you.  Our feedback is based on experience working with images professionally.  If you don't like our advice on how to improve your photos for acceptance by Adobe Stock, fine. You're under no obligation to take it.  

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines