• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection cause "technical problems" is not helping

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have started to upload some photographs to Adobe Stock. For this I have taken a variety of picture in different styles, with different motifs and other variations to see how the different types of submissions go. I have recieved some rejections now, even of pictures which I consider to be uncritical satndard motives, All with "technical problems" as the cause. Now all pictures are technically fine  (I've had training as a photograph and I have a degree as an artist), but I see that different people have different viewpoints and some pictures may not fit your expectations.

However "technical problems" without any hint of a cause helps me exactly nothing. That's the same as a "general default error" light in a car. Looking through the forum, I quickly found a number of posts that clearly show, other people also feel confused by the "technical problem" rejection.

Therefore, I strongly urge Adobe to enhance their feedback by being more specfic about their rejections with the same short response. Instead of "technical problem", which can be anything, write more specific things like "out of focus", "white balance", "background uneasy", "artifacts", "not enough satuaration", but also things like "composition not sufficient", "undesired motive", "not suitable for sale", "contains protected property" and so on. It would help contributors a lot to find out what photos you want and it would save you time and money, when people send less pictures that you will reject anyway. Without a better feedback, Adobe Stock is likely to be useless as a selling plattform, because I can't waste my time, randomly uploading and tagging pictures, if I have no clue what you are looking for, why you don't accept a particular picture, or if you are just too much about "design" and not so much about "art" or "nature". It would help both sides to know better.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the causes you mention do have specific rejection codes, including not suitable for sale and intellectual property, releases needed etc. Technical issues are looking at the issues you first identified, including focus, clarity, fringing, colour balance, exposure. Adobe process perhaps 100,000 pictures a day and everything is designed to process these as quickly as possible, minimising the time needed by evaluators, and quickly passing work made to the highest professional standards by experienced submittors. This may mean they reject a lot of work that could be improved, but the margins are small, and helping photographers does not fit the ecomonic model. This may help, it will include the guides used by evaluators in their speedy work, some of which will be assisted by AI. Remember that they look at all of the picture, not just the interesting parts; it is no use focussing only on the area of personal interest. And good luck with future submissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to include the link, no marks for me: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment and for the link. Thats very helpful. I will consider the points you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please bear in mind that what you say may be valid, except this forum is a user to user forum. As users, we have no impact on their decision. Adobe staff on occasion reply, if it is needed. 

As users, we can give our opinion on possible causes for the rejection, based on the rejection reason. So, if technical issues, for example, I know what to look for and can give some opinion accordingly. Adobe Stock are for selling assets. They aren't teachers. As contributors, we supply the assets and Adobe can accept or refuse them.

This is why this forum exists, to get feedback from other users on the rejection. However,  one may or may not agree on the critique given.

As for giving comprehensive feedback from the moderators, I don't think it will save time and money. Not for them anyhow. Again, that's why this forum exists. Another thing, there is a lot to be said for learning from one's peers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that learning from peers can help you at all stages in your career.

Maybe the user forum, wasn't the ideal channel for my post, but I was just hoping that somebody from Adobe might run across my critique and consider it.

For clarification: I was not suggesting that the moderators give a comprehensive feedback, just that they are a bit more specific in the same short feedback they use now. I still think that a bit more specific terminology would lead to less sumissions that are rejected, which equals less pictures to validate with the same amount of accepted pictures or a higher rate of accepted pictures. Both is good for business. The amount of posts in this forum about why pictures were rejected indicates that this is a general issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Olfoto,

I agree that the rejection reasons are vague. This is not unique to Adobe, and as addressed in previous posts, it is time consuming to be specific. Technical issue is very wide. having preset for all these issues will wind up having a long list to scroll through to find a rejection. That too is time consuming. So you are given a vague response and sent to the forum for detailed assistance. We understand what to look for when there is a technical issue rejection. Sometimes we find other issue also which turns out helpful to you, keep in mind it is the first fault found that your file is rejected off. Sometimes there are multiple faults that do not come under technical issue (for example) This would mean for you, uploading a file with multiple issues multiple times before it is accepted, hence the method employed being a smart, one. Here is where we come in. Each one teach one - soon you learn also to identify the technical issues. 

What you need to do, is to upload a few of your images to this forum for us to review. You could start with three. Chances are, by the time we are done with those three, you are equipped enough to analyze the rest all by yourself. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines