Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection due to quality problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone:
I have had a session rejected almost in its entirety and the reason for the rejection is lack of quality.I accept the verdict of the reviewer,but I would like to know what are the reasons why in your opinion the session lacks quality.I hope your opinion to move forward.
Thank you21323-6L.jpg21323-1-5L.jpg21323-5L.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Hello,

Well, this example is enough to get the photo rejected:

21323-6Lexposure.jpg

Most of the cat is a white blob!

There are overexposed areas on the cat's fur as well as the person's jeans, and the second photo - well problems with focus and blurriness:

21323-1-5Lquality.jpg

as well as the third photo, and finally, your white balance needs to be corrected. The photos are a tad too warm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Here is what I see in some or alll of the photos:

Highlights are overexposed so that details are lost.

Horizon not level.

Depth of field is in some photos to shallow.

Out of focus due to subject movement (the toy mouse).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Adobe's turf, Adobe's rules. Other agencies accept what they accept. You need to be careful, when exposing something white in sunlight. It get's easily overexposed, even if you assume that the overall is well exposed. Using a reflector to get more light to your subject will allow you to shoot at higher f values, but generally, it's a matter of focussing well. When shooting moving animals, a lot of my shoots are simply out of focus, I tend to shoot many pictures, just to use a small amount of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice pictures. You should retry them, with different camera settings and processing.

Looking from my iPad, I see overexposure of the cat and the girls pullover in the two first. The third has little detail in the cats fur. 

When I have access to my PC, I will have a deeper look into the pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your attention and response.
I honestly don't see them too bad, although my screen is not ideal for RAW development.
I will try to see them on other devices and see what the result is.
I would appreciate it very much, because I would like to know your opinion about the quality of the image (noise, exposure, focus, etc...) because you seem to like the concept of the session.
Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I think I will repeat the session, although I don't know if it will be soon, since the other agencies that I go to have accepted all of them...that's where my doubt came from.
It is true that, as you say, they seem to be somewhat overexposed, so I will take it into account.
Thank you very much for your advice and your time.
Best regards to all of you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe's turf, Adobe's rules. Other agencies accept what they accept. You need to be careful, when exposing something white in sunlight. It get's easily overexposed, even if you assume that the overall is well exposed. Using a reflector to get more light to your subject will allow you to shoot at higher f values, but generally, it's a matter of focussing well. When shooting moving animals, a lot of my shoots are simply out of focus, I tend to shoot many pictures, just to use a small amount of them. It's really not a problem, at the end of the day. My camera settings are all manual, except the autofocus., where I try to catch the eyes. Sharp lenses are an obvious advantage. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well, this example is enough to get the photo rejected:

21323-6Lexposure.jpg

Most of the cat is a white blob!

There are overexposed areas on the cat's fur as well as the person's jeans, and the second photo - well problems with focus and blurriness:

21323-1-5Lquality.jpg

as well as the third photo, and finally, your white balance needs to be corrected. The photos are a tad too warm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should have shot with a narrower aperture to gain a little more focus, but I had to slow down to 1/100 speed...and of course, a cat is never still.
Do you think that I have too much grain in the shadows when I raised them?
Thanks for your advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a separate light meter?  I ask bcause from what I see here, these are all overexposed.  If you're relying on your camera's light sensor, maybe it needs adjustment.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I see in some or alll of the photos:

Highlights are overexposed so that details are lost.

Horizon not level.

Depth of field is in some photos to shallow.

Out of focus due to subject movement (the toy mouse).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx...I am thinking of trying this session again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines