Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection due to technical error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lonelysailboat no watermark.jpg

This photo was rejected due to technical issues but I am unsure why. Any input or suggestions are much appreciated!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

In addition to the above, also think about your white balance. (Perhaps, it is a bit too blue). This also comes under technical reasons. Don't forget about that.

I did a quick white balance adjustment in Photoshop with the camera raw filter using auto as well as removing the rock by using the lasso tool around the rock and then fill using content aware. I don't know if you are using Photoshop, but it is really good at removing unwanted objects!!! This is the result:

untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first impression of this SF bridge shot is, how can that happen? Then, What can a buyer do with this? It is a fascinating play of light on fog but a few things appear to be a bit off.The right foreground has both focused and out of focus lines in the black. How can that be? In general, the entire photo has blurred areas so that means it is not for Adobe market. Follow the guidelines - exactly - when presenting your work for stock.JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input! To answer your question about the in-focus and out-of-focus areas in black, the out-of-focus area was a rock on the shore and the in-focus areas were part of the bridge foundation itself, a little farther out. With increasing the exposure, this would be more obvious and honestly, with that area not being the focal point of the photo, I didn't think it would matter. I could not crop out the rock in the foreground without keeping what I wanted to keep in the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any blurred or noise area will get you a rejection. Have you read the information about what technical error? A link usually accompanies rejection notices. The sky and edges of the bridge are not sharp.  Look at the photo at high magnification 100% or more. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link redirected me to a general troubleshooting guide for the types of technical errors. I've received a few others that specifically noted "out of focus" or "artifact/noise error" but have received some, including this one, that just referenced a technical error. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please see the explanation of the reason for refusal "technical reasons":

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Then take a look at the bridge in 100% view. There are a lot of chromatic aberrations here. I think the bridge was also too strongly cropped for the selector.

Apart from these reasons for refusal, however, it seems to me that the image as a whole is not sharply focused.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above, also think about your white balance. (Perhaps, it is a bit too blue). This also comes under technical reasons. Don't forget about that.

I did a quick white balance adjustment in Photoshop with the camera raw filter using auto as well as removing the rock by using the lasso tool around the rock and then fill using content aware. I don't know if you are using Photoshop, but it is really good at removing unwanted objects!!! This is the result:

untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a version of Photoshop Elements and I still have a lot to learn about the various tools. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines