Copied

Whats wrong with these? 20180619_203153.jpg111111111.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sky in the sunset is grainy. The sun and light in the water is overexposed with no more details. Next time, expose for the light in the water. Also you should crop the sunlight and the horizon for the rule of thirds.

The bon fire looks fine to me. Im not sure what went wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think perhaps the blown out highlights in the flames were considered the "technical issue" that caused this image to be rejected.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replies to all. Appreciate that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fire is a difficult subject, as the flames are moving, the air flickers because of the heat, exposure is tricky, and the autofocus has some trouble getting the stuff in focus. I have more misses than hits when aiming at a fire.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @RALPH_L's sunset analysis: you have noise in the darker areas and the sky, the waves, outside the badly overexposed area, are missing detail. My impression is that because of the missing detail and the overexposure, it's not recoverable.

The fire picture would get better with more contrast. Also for the composition, you should have added more of the upper part. The darker area at the footer is quite uninteresting, but the fading out of the flames gets cut off.

Abambo_0-1622667380206.png

If the fire picture is available in raw, I would give it a try with modified resubmission.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examine images at 100-200% magnfication to see the technical issues.

The bonfire has several problems with:

• Horizontal centering.
  • Artifacts.
  • Too much blur at the top.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to seem disparaging but I'm going to design a printed t-shirt that says "JUST SAY NO to sunrises & sunsets!!"  😞

I love nature, too.  But OMG, it's not like Adobe Stock doesn't already have millions & millions of these in their database. 

Planet Earth is a such a rich & diverse place.  Please find something less well-represented to capture.  And I don't mean flowers & kittens either! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, I guess I would amend your advice to "keep those nice sunsets, sunrises, kittens and pretty flowers for your own enjoyment, but don't waste time uploading them to Adobe Stock."

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When someone comes up with a unique image, illustration, drawing or video that incorporates sunsets/sunrises, flowers and kittens in a whole NEW way, I'll be their first customer!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines