• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection for Technical issues and artifacts

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have 2 photos that have been rejected overnight.  One for technical issues (the gliding pelican)DSC_5843.jpg and the other for artifacts (the pelican looking down).  I've checked, double checked etc and cannot work out why this would be and can only see 'nature' issues that might be the reason and obviously can't be fixed really.

Can someone please have a look and see what you think.  The actual photos won't be to everyone's liking but that's not the point.  I guess some will say stop wasting my time and I understand that but I really want to learn what I'm doing that may be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

PamDSC_0060a.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Hello,

Well, the gliding pelican photo is lacking contrast and also underexposed. At present, it is a bit 'muddy'. You are lacking in the whites.

contrast.jpg

So you have to increase your white point as well as exposure and contrast.

For the other pelican, you have noise in the water area:

noise.jpg

I think this is enough to get rejected by the moderators. It's a bit 'grainy' - noisy.

Do look at your histogram when editing/enhancing photos. It is very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well dear mookmook, these are wonderful photos. However, did you look at them at 200% enlargement?

I suspect you will find some problems in the water and also on the one with the tree, there are focus problems. Perhaps you can crop the first one and eliminate the noise areas. I will ask two photographers to look at these also. Do go and read about the guidelines for submission of your stock photos. Best regards. JHAbambo Trevor.Dennis

You can find information here  paste in browser:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Select an article:

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Stock Contributor

Last Published: September 25, 2017

For content to have commercial value, it must be high quality. Learn about quality and technical issues and how to avoid content rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan and thank you for your nice comments re my photos.  I did look at 100% (not 200%) and didn't see too much wrong.  The pelican looking down into the water I have printed on a calendar and there is certainly no noticeable noise in that.  Oh well, I will learn as long as people are willing to point these things out 🙂  The other I thought was totally sharp on the pelican which was all I was focusing on.  I guess the tree is probably the issue.  Again, I will learn.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

regards

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well, the gliding pelican photo is lacking contrast and also underexposed. At present, it is a bit 'muddy'. You are lacking in the whites.

contrast.jpg

So you have to increase your white point as well as exposure and contrast.

For the other pelican, you have noise in the water area:

noise.jpg

I think this is enough to get rejected by the moderators. It's a bit 'grainy' - noisy.

Do look at your histogram when editing/enhancing photos. It is very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks heaps ricky366.  Much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines