• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejection for technical issues

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't understand why these photos were rejected at 100% can see nothing wrong but my eyesight or PC monitor isn't the best. There's plenty of light & shadow detail but in the old street I had to take out lettering on shop signs: I wonder if it's that but I've deleted logos and lettering on other images and were accepted on here before. When I first contributed on adobe about a year ago I hardly had any photos rejected so have they changed the acceptance criteria? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

No, the criteria have not changed. The street picture has colour noise and washed out colours. I would also say that your Photoshopping of the logos is not exactly good work. 

The building site has still massivly logos in (that's IP violation) and has chromatic aberration (look the fence posts). It is probably als not really in focus. In addition, I do not think that this picture is a great one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the criteria have not changed. The street picture has colour noise and washed out colours. I would also say that your Photoshopping of the logos is not exactly good work. 

The building site has still massivly logos in (that's IP violation) and has chromatic aberration (look the fence posts). It is probably als not really in focus. In addition, I do not think that this picture is a great one. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is fine and I cannot see any of the problems you see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens ic ca be corrected in-camera. These things are very hard to see My eyesight is not so good but I think they are nit-picking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction the lens was not CA corrected in camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an illustrative editorial photo not supposed to be great. By the way, I am a trained designer and photoshop painting is the best I can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop painting is the best I can do

By @duns123

Well, you should do some photoshopping then... the logo is readable:

Abambo_0-1617174246961.png

But logos do not need to be readable. It is enough that they can be recognized.

Most of the defects in the files can be seen when looking at them at 100-300% magnification. No need for an expensive monitor.

Adobe's moderators are known for being very stringent on quality issues. I have some pictures accepted by others and refused by Adobe. When I look into the details, most often, I have to admit that the moderator found the beast. They have excellent eyes.

Editorial pictures cannot be submitted by all users, and they need still to conform to quality criteria. However, your pictures do not fall in the case what Adobe calls "illustrative editorials".

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop painting is the best I can do

By @duns123

Well, you should do some photoshopping then... the logo is readable:

Abambo_0-1617174246961.png

But logos do not need to be readable. It is enough that they can be recognized.

Most of the defects in the files can be seen when looking at them at 100-300% magnification. No need for an expensive monitor.

Adobe's moderators are known for being very stringent on quality issues. I have some pictures accepted by others and refused by Adobe. When I look into the details, most often, I have to admit that the moderator found the beast. They have excellent eyes.

Editorial pictures cannot be submitted by all users, and they need still to conform to quality criteria. However, your pictures do not fall in the case what Adobe calls "illustrative editorials".

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

By @Abambo
They have excellent eyes BUT I haven't it's just pixel peeping and they are NOT forcing me to do that and we don't get paid remember unles photo sells. When I worked in design it wasn't the photographer's job to edit photos it was the printer or designer with early photoshop. (the internet did not exist then)  This is far harder than anything I did at school or even working in design I think it's a young person's job anyway. Its very unrealistic to expect people to see blury logos in a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that same logo was a building company repeated all over the photo but after sharpening said photo I went to over 200% and removed or cloned them out. I wasn't even sure it was possible. as I usually look at photos at 100% only 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No readable logos but I just saw some CA on the photo edges easy to miss but can be corrected. but this is probable editorial which is mostly what I've sold on other stes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in focus you're kidding me. Adobe did not reject for out of focus. It was stopped down to a small aperture so I could get Everything in focus. You can't win on adobe you try to sharpen a photo & they reject for noise so I didn't sharpen it. There is no noise on the building site photo only a little CA which other sites don't mind. A photoshop designer can morew easily correct CA in a photo. I used a prime manual lens with a Sony APSC mirrorless camera so my equipment should be good enough. They even used to accept photos taken on my Canon Powershot SX tiny sensor superzoom camera. If adobe want better they should pay more so we could use full-frame or medium format 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo was accepted in the end because I cloned out the logo several times on the photo. had to to to 400% to do it though. It's getting a bit extreme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The street photo was accepted in the end because I later found out how to reduce the color noise. The camera was set on auto white balance ( it very rarely gets it wrong) the color cast caused the noise. The highlights are OK and the histogram was fine. it was winter when the photo was taken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The pictures also suffer from artifacts which you can see when zoomed in. So the image quality is not so good for enlargements (which may be needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artifacts what do they mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God, they don't pay enough for enlargements. I don't know how you can see so-called artifacts. You lot probably have expensive monitors like those by Apple and someone else probably paid for it. I cannot afford such things I only have the monitor that came with the PC.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You lot probably have expensive monitors like those by Apple and someone else probably paid for it. I cannot afford such things I only have the monitor that came with the PC.. 

By @duns123

If your monitor is going bad, it's time to change it, but there is no need for an expensive one. You just need one who displays colours more or less correctly and provides a sharp image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The criteria haven't changed much but you are in a fiercely competitive business with photographers and equipment that are improving all the time. The standards bar has risen.

• Pretend you work for an ad agency. Would you buy this image and what would you use it for? 
  • Compare your work with other Adobe Stock Contributors' work in the same categories. 
  • Pay attention to trends. The only constant in Stock Photography is that's it's constantly changing.  1-1/2 years ago, if I had said the new hot trend is face masks, you probably would have laughed and said I was crazy. 
  • Adobe stock customers expect to find compelling & relevant images that are of highest visual and technical quality.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, customers should hire pro photographers then and It costs money to produce that kind of work. In case you are wondering I am a trained designer in the '80s but if I'd known then how difficult things would be now which digital I'd never have gone near this industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last 2 downloads were for 25c each an insult. If adobe wants great work they should pay decent prices Just because the industry is so competitive is not an excuse to pay crap money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No good trying to compare with other photos because they look heavily edited to me ie different skies pasted into an existing photo or other special photoshop editing which I think is cheating for photos. I've sold many photos before but on other sites and were mainly editorial which I'm better at. I don't have the specialized equipment or even camera maybe to create add agency photos (& have no money for that) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple. A book cover but Adobe may be the wrong agency for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have another question, feel free to start a new topic.  This one is answered.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines