• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection for technical issues

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please help me understand what is wrong with my pictures and why it was rejected? Thanks a lot in advance!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Hello,

There are a gazillion flower photos on stock. They have to have the 'wow' factor. Yours don't I'm afraid. Problems with composition, exposure, quality (which isn't that good either when zoomed in), and so on.

Have a look at what is on offer for example:

Flowers stock photos, royalty-free images, vectors, video | Adobe Stock

Also, read these guides from Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are a gazillion flower photos on stock. They have to have the 'wow' factor. Yours don't I'm afraid. Problems with composition, exposure, quality (which isn't that good either when zoomed in), and so on.

Have a look at what is on offer for example:

Flowers stock photos, royalty-free images, vectors, video | Adobe Stock

Also, read these guides from Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had they not been rejected for technical issues, 2 of the 3 blue flower images would have been rejected for "similars". When you have multiple similar images of the same subject, select the best and submit just that one.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus and composition are the main problems. In the thrird photo, part of a fence is showing.

Consider moving in closer and get down to ground level.

Try something like this:

2022_04_18_9999_22-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC08482.jpg:

Underexposed as shown on the histogram:

Abambo_1-1651768554108.png

Cropping differently could enhance the chance for an acceptance, especially the flower to the right needs to get edited out:

Abambo_2-1651768714081.png

DSC08295.jpg:

Underexposed as shown on the histogram:

Abambo_0-1651768345945.png

It may pass, if edited correctly.

IMG_2150.jpg:

It's oversaturated, I would also think the white balance is off.

IMG_3517.jpg:

Missing contrast, slight noise level.

Due to the number of flower sunset/sunrise, dog and cats pictures, the pictures are vetted in a more stringent form. As @ricky336 said, yours are missing the "wow" factor. So, the slightest error will get your pictures refused, even if they had been good enough in all other aspects.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultqtvdlij27vg0

The first second and fourth images are underexposed.

The stem of the fourth image is out of focus due to too much of a shallow depth of field.

Adobe allows up to 6 shots of a subject from different perspectives. I believe the three similar photos have enough difference in perspective that will not earn you a similar rejection. I can clearly see the differences. However, while you might try to correct the first and second images, the out of focus stem of the fourth might pose a problem for acceptance.

The third has too much highlights which might be the cause of the washed out appearance. In correcting this you might need to adjust the parameters of the white, exposure and highlight sliders (reducing highlight with the highlight slider while increasong the ohers if needed) to maintain the correct exposure.

I hope you found this helpful.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines