• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejection for technical reasons

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! (reuploaded for an error) Can someone please tell me why this photo was rejected? I checked what it could be, but i need help. Thanks! Have a graet day everyone.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Hi @Alejandra G. Romero , your photo has a lovely composition, but unfortunately there are a few different technical issues which become obvious at 100% magnification. 

DSC_0043 (2a).jpg

There is a lot of grain / noise and colour noise in your image.  The birds are underexposed and lack a sharp focus with details.  If you look at the edges of the birds, you will see chromatic aberration / colour fringing.  The colour noise is very noticeable in the snow in the mountains.

Best of luck in your future submiss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

The mountains can be out of focus, if the birds are perfectly in focus. However, the exposure needs to be correct too:

Abambo_0-1653333635697.png

To the right on the histogram, you see that your picture is underexposed.

Pushing the exposure to a "correct" level may help a lot:

Abambo_1-1653333897959.png

You may still need to address the noise and chromatic aberration problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among other things, the mountains are very blurry and out of focus. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks so much for the reply! Well that could be, even though I was focusing just on the birds, but I'll take care of that details in the future  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mountains can be out of focus, if the birds are perfectly in focus. However, the exposure needs to be correct too:

Abambo_0-1653333635697.png

To the right on the histogram, you see that your picture is underexposed.

Pushing the exposure to a "correct" level may help a lot:

Abambo_1-1653333897959.png

You may still need to address the noise and chromatic aberration problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Abambo well that's really a good explanation I see it better now! thank you very much for taking the time to analyze it, I really appreciate it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alejandra G. Romero , your photo has a lovely composition, but unfortunately there are a few different technical issues which become obvious at 100% magnification. 

DSC_0043 (2a).jpg

There is a lot of grain / noise and colour noise in your image.  The birds are underexposed and lack a sharp focus with details.  If you look at the edges of the birds, you will see chromatic aberration / colour fringing.  The colour noise is very noticeable in the snow in the mountains.

Best of luck in your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed answer, that's what I wanted to know! 🙂 

Knowing that i can improve, thanks for take the time to replay, have a grat day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to stock photography, here are some links to resources which you might find helpful.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alejandra G. Romero,

You asked the same question in four different post, each time receiving responses. Is there a reason you'd like to share with us why you keep repeating the same question in different post? Multiple posting of the same question may be interpreted as spamming.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jacquelingphoto2017 sorry for that mistake, this is the first time that I use this platform, so I didn't know how to use, but I think that I only did two post, and explained that the first one was for mistake, I' am really sorry about that 😞

I'm still learning 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, but post only once, and when you need to correct something (as new users are not allowed to correct), reply to your post. That is more straightforward and will help to keep the forum focussed. A moderator may decide to work your correction into your first post. As for the rest: welcome to the forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abambo  and @jacquelingphoto2017  thank you both very much for kind welcome an the advice! 😄 

I really appreciate it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @Alejandra G. Romero 

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alejandra G. Romero ,

@Abambo said it all. I'll just add my apology. You're correct, its two original post, and:

Welcome to the forum!

We are delighted to assist you.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines