Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejection of a photo previously accepted as Premium

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

after more than 6 weeks of review another photo got rejected because of quality issues.

Up to the beginning of 2023, this picture was one of my pictures (largely) sold in the Adobe Premium collection, where it had been accepted through the EyeEm app/site. After the EyeEm "fall", I had deleted my whole portfolio there so after some time all my pictures in Adobe had been deleted too.

Now, I've tried to upload the same picture in my personal portfolio and it got rejected. Really??

131223856-590141a7-9bfb-4fed-89df-bf3a7b0d1327

(uploaded from [moderator deleted link])

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

As Mat Hayward stated once: there is no guarantee that pictures that you delete and resubmit get accepted again. The picture here is too small for a critique.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Abambo_0-1702032291548.png

There is sensor dust visible (several, not only the one I pointed out) and you have chromatic aberration. 

You also have an IP issue with the number plates of the cars and you have on one of the cars a TDI logo. 

I don't know how the vetting has been done previously, but the issues were present in the original file. I also have no clue how to become a premium contributor, but I have never found that premium assets are special, or worth the higher price.

In addition, I have no idea what th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mat Hayward stated once: there is no guarantee that pictures that you delete and resubmit get accepted again. The picture here is too small for a critique.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat, 
thanks for your answer.

Technically I didn't delete this picture, the whole EyeEm portfolio was deleted on Adobe with thousands photos from thousands contributore.
So this can be considered my first try with this picture. And, going from Premium to reject is a double step that makes "techincal issue" a bit weird. 

_DSC6721-Edit-2small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, you are not Mat 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, you are not Mat 🙂

By @dnleeh

No! 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_0-1702032291548.png

There is sensor dust visible (several, not only the one I pointed out) and you have chromatic aberration. 

You also have an IP issue with the number plates of the cars and you have on one of the cars a TDI logo. 

I don't know how the vetting has been done previously, but the issues were present in the original file. I also have no clue how to become a premium contributor, but I have never found that premium assets are special, or worth the higher price.

In addition, I have no idea what the EyeEm deal was. This picture looks to be quite old, if what I saw from the number plates is correct and correctly interpreted. So this may be a Fotolia story. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about TDI and plates, I think I'd have received a property issue, now and 2 years ago.

dust happens and I don't see a dusty shot, honetly. But, if that's a problem, Adobe Stock has become a place for few photographers that can get 33 cents for a perfect photo. I'd rather think Adobe has some storage space issue 😄

Chromatic aberration...I don't know, the focus is not there and, in case, LrC can solve it with the Nikon 14-24 profile enabled.
thanks anyway but my general comment is again: seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*can't

(can't messages here be modified?? 😣)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*can't

(can't messages here be modified?? 😣)

By @dnleeh

Not as a Community Beginner. That's because forum moderators sometimes need to edit out some expletives and other prohibited content. In the past, those elements reappeared as fast as moderators edited. So Adobe decided to close down the ability to edit entries for forum beginners. I would correct for you, but I don't see where. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about TDI and plates, I think I'd have received a property issue, now and 2 years 

By @dnleeh

Having an asset accepted 2 years ago does not make the IP violation go away. IP violations (especially the privacy violations) can get very expensive for Adobe (as they have the cash…). 

quotedust happens and I don't see a dusty shot, honetly. But, if that's a problem, Adobe Stock has become a place for few photographers that can get 33 cents for a perfect photo. I'd rather think Adobe has some storage space issue 

By @dnleeh

I see the dust. And dust patches are easy to correct. As for the chromatic aberration: not all aberration goes away with automatic lens correction. And that also is an easy fix. The buyer pays more than 33 cents and a lot of assets sell for a dollar commission. Adobe does not have storage issues. 

You fix or you don't. You asked why, you got why.

but my general comment is again: seriously?

By @dnleeh

Yes, seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say this all the time, that there are images in my portfolio that probably wouldn't be accepted by today's standards.  

I like this image, but it is pretty dark and the histogram reflects that.  I think this works better with the shadows lifted some.  I would also warm up the white balance a tad.

Not too long ago I came across a printed photo with a dust spot in an upscale environment.  I'm sure the photo cost several thousand dollars.  After I noticed it, that was all I could see.  It's an easy thing to check for, and an easy thing to remove.

I don't think this photo is a lost cause, try some revisions and resubmit 🙂.  I hope you have better luck with your other photos.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this image, but it is pretty dark and the histogram reflects that.  I think this works better with the shadows lifted some. 

By @George_F

Night pictures should reflect darkness, and looking on my iPad, I think that it is pretty well exposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Stock has over 300 million assets in inventory and gets thousands of new submissions per week. They can afford to be choosy about what they accept as there's no shortage of content.

Ask yourself why the other site's content was deleted? 

• Maybe their quality didn't meet current market expectations.
  • Perhaps the content wasn't selling. 
  • Customer buying habits & trends change over time. 

It's disappointing but there's not much you can do except create NEW CONTENT that customers will pay for.

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  It contains good information to help you.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines