Rejection of country flag vectors

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have submitted some country flags but they have rejected all of them. Is there any specific reason to do so?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always gives a general reason for the rejection. What reason was given?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I have received the reason as " We can't accept more than three color variations of the same vector or similar vectors. Please be selective and submit only the very best from each image series." Like this. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, then is the specific reason. It is fully automatic. Yes, it is going to be a problem for a collection of flags. But Adobe Stock is already very well supplied with flags of nations, this is a very competitive area.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

The thing is the reason is not very much clear to me. I'm sorry, I'm bit new to this. What do they mean by "We can't accept more than three color variations of the same vector or similar vectors"? Is this referred to the vectors submitted by other contributors? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd have to see exaclty which flags you have submitted, but I assume they are too similar. For instance, the flags of France, Belgium, Itay, Romania, Ireland and some other countries have the same basic design (3 vertical stripes) and only the colours are different (i.e. same or similar vector with color variations)

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Michael,

Yes that would be the problem. Thank you very much for the clear explanation 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to submit flags, submit them in collections. As Adobe did tell you, there is absolutely no reason to submit a high number of differently coloured rectangles. Your content does need to provide added value to the stock buyer.

As a side note: Adobe does not provide detailed refusal reasons, however, all assets are vetted by humans. And the reason always gives a hint to the first reason, the moderator saw. So, if you post here, you need to give us the exact reason (the heading of the reason is sufficient), so we know about what disturbed the moderator. In this sense, @Test Screen Name is wrong, to say, it's fully automated. The text is predefined (good for different languages!), but the moderator's decision is individually choosing between one of the predefined reasons.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abambo,

I really appreciate your suggesstion and thank you very much for the clear explanation 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines