• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection of imagen for quality

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have two pictures that are rejected, but I can not understand why, Can you help me?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

I'm not sure what commercial value the first image holds. 

The second image looks underexposed.  Also the white balance is too cool (blue). 

Adding a curves adjustment layer in Photoshop can help add light and reduce blue channel.  See screenshot.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

The first photo is not verticaly straight. The second photo is underexposed and not enough depth of field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hello,

What is the aim of the first shot?

In the coffee shot, it's too dark, and the shadow over the hand isn't actually that good! You could have better lighting!

And of course, the white balance needs adjusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

In the first image, the highlights are disturbing. You need even lightning for such assets. It's a nice try, but I think, the picture does not work because the right and the left side are too different, and neither of them can be used correctly as a texture for something.

The coffee cup has exposure problems as pointed out and as you see in the histogram:

Abambo_0-1674818244664.png

Besides having blacks missing, you would also need to lighten the shadows. As you see with Nancy, there are different ways to achieve that,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what commercial value the first image holds. 

The second image looks underexposed.  Also the white balance is too cool (blue). 

Adding a curves adjustment layer in Photoshop can help add light and reduce blue channel.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first photo is not verticaly straight. The second photo is underexposed and not enough depth of field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the aim of the first shot?

In the coffee shot, it's too dark, and the shadow over the hand isn't actually that good! You could have better lighting!

And of course, the white balance needs adjusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the first image, the highlights are disturbing. You need even lightning for such assets. It's a nice try, but I think, the picture does not work because the right and the left side are too different, and neither of them can be used correctly as a texture for something.

The coffee cup has exposure problems as pointed out and as you see in the histogram:

Abambo_0-1674818244664.png

Besides having blacks missing, you would also need to lighten the shadows. As you see with Nancy, there are different ways to achieve that, I would do most of the work in Lightroom/Camera Raw given that I would have access to my raw files.

In addition, I would try to get rid of the small stains and imperfections of the background.

Abambo_1-1674818688054.png

You do not have crema on your coffee, that's a visual defect, making your asset less attractive.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines