• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection of photo illustrations- anyone any ideas why?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded illustration photos and these are two of them which were rejected for technical issues. I would appreciate if anyone provide suggestions of reasons behind rejection.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Hi,

These images are small, so I assume they are not the actual files you submitted, which makes acurately assessing tecnical issues difficult.

That said, neither looks really sharp, which might be reason enough for rejection.

In the second one in particular, there are artifacts and banding in the gradients:

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636442958946.png

But again, hard to say if those are problems in these pictures only, or in the full-res ones that you submitted.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

There is colour banding:

Abambo_0-1636461784573.png

…and the designs are not sharp. If you look at them as “photos”, they are underexposed.

Here the histogram of the read:

Abambo_1-1636461976048.png

and the green one:

Abambo_2-1636462052435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These images are small, so I assume they are not the actual files you submitted, which makes acurately assessing tecnical issues difficult.

That said, neither looks really sharp, which might be reason enough for rejection.

In the second one in particular, there are artifacts and banding in the gradients:

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636442958946.png

But again, hard to say if those are problems in these pictures only, or in the full-res ones that you submitted.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I'm not sure why the attachments does not seem to be as uploaded. I reviewed my message and the photos seem to be right. I appreciate your opinion, but maybe it will be more helpful if you see the correct photos. is there any other way to show my photos?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you insert pictures using the button in the toolbar above, it should be fine.

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636447488248.png

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @MNiessenPhoto

6000×2500 pixels is not enough? My guess is that that is the picture resolution!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"6000×2500 pixels is not enough? My guess is that that is the picture resolution!"

I don't see them at that size, clearly. When I click on those pictures, they are displayed at 100% according to the viewer and don't even fill my 4k screen...

MNiessenPhoto_0-1636461916720.png

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess: The browser display is not accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is colour banding:

Abambo_0-1636461784573.png

…and the designs are not sharp. If you look at them as “photos”, they are underexposed.

Here the histogram of the read:

Abambo_1-1636461976048.png

and the green one:

Abambo_2-1636462052435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what commercial value these abstracts have as Stock imagery.  Even if accepted, it's unlikely to make much in sales. The competition is fierce.  Adobe Stock's database already contains millions & millions of high quality backgrounds & wallpapers.  See below.

Abstract Backgrounds

Abstract Wallpaper

Better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines