• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could somebody please explain to me why this photo has been rejected for intellectual property reasons. I have closely scanned it many times and cannot find anything that would violate intellectual property. There are no people, signs, trademarks, or whatever. I just want to know for future reference.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

The picture has a huge property as its focus, Vienna Shonbrunn. If we read https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html we see "Private homes and buildings: If you’re photographing, filming, or even illustrating a recognizable property you probably need a property release" and "Landmarks and monuments: You may need property releases for images or videos of famous buildings and landmarks. In general, images/videos of historical monuments that are more than 120-years-old

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture has a huge property as its focus, Vienna Shonbrunn. If we read https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html we see "Private homes and buildings: If you’re photographing, filming, or even illustrating a recognizable property you probably need a property release" and "Landmarks and monuments: You may need property releases for images or videos of famous buildings and landmarks. In general, images/videos of historical monuments that are more than 120-years-old don’t require releases. However [specific exceptions]"

Now, you know and I know that the building is over 200 years old, and so this does not apply. I thought at first this might a reviewer being careful, but if we look at https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html we see that Schonnbrun is specifically listed. If you plan on making trips to photograph buildings or cityscapes for commercial purposes, this is essential reading.  You'll find a more detailed discussion on a different stock site: https://wiki.gettyimages.com/castles-in-europe/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you explain that a number of other photos of Schonbrunn that I submitted were accepted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes moderators make an error. Perhaps this one was properly aware of its IP status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it's your responsibility as a contributor to follow the rules, not the reviewer's responsibility to detect every breach of them. Since property release is needed, purchasers would be rightly unset to get a lawyer's letter if they used your photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right! Schonbrunn is indeed listed. I was shocked. What I don't get is how Alamy accepts everything. Don't they have the same issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines