• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, dear forum members. One image is rejected because of the similarity to the other. Is blue and yellow similar to purple? How then to create gradient backgrounds. Thank you very much for your help!

1_.jpg2_.jpg
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even wonder why you got accepted one of those images.

I do not know where the moderator saw the similarity, but the same refusal is also used for similarity to other contributors pictures.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I made this gradient based on my own photo, so I had no idea that it could be similar to another work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Similarity” is a strange refusal every so often…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ther are 3.8 million "gradient backgrounds" in Adobe Stock. If you enjoy submitting, continue making backgrounds. If you want to sell something, choose another subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said, @RALPH_L. 🙂

I'll take a risk and go one step further.  Nobody gets rich off cheap & cheesy submissions.  The likelihood that any of these "background gradients" would be purchased by Adobe Stock customers is slim to none.  If this is the best work one can offer, I don't see much future for them here.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this material has a better future? (A+) (Sh+) Tiger Font_white.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning and trying different styles, thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps.  For a very limited time (13 months), for animal farms or zoos.

Look at lucrative trends that actual CUSTOMERS seek and create images that pertain to them.  Such as:

• Aging,
  • Beauty & cosmetics,
  • Banking & finance,
  • Construction,
  • Cultural diversity,
  • Drone footage,
  • Education & learning,
  • Entertainment,
  • Environment & climate change,
  • Fitness & exercise,
  • Food, drink & nutrition,
  • Holidays,
  • Home & office,
  • Medicine & medical technology,
  • Mental health,
  • Personal relationships, love,
  • Poverty & homelessness,
  • Real people in social settings,
  • Science & math,
  • Sports,
  • Travel,
  • Yoga, meditation & spirituality.

Be creative.  Avoid low % sellers:  e.g. sunsets, clouds, plants & pets.  Adobe Stock already have plenty of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is for the symbol of the new year, the year of the tiger.

Thanks for the tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps.  For a very limited time (13 months), for animal farms or zoos.

By @Nancy OShea

… and as a correct Illustrator vector file. If submitted now, you may get one or the other buyer. Generally, 2022 themes should have been in your portfolio at the beginning of summer, as the end of year planning starts then. Calendars for example should be printed by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Chinese New Year (aka Lunar New Year) begin in February?

That said, anything with a specific date will have a very short shelf-life. Nobody wants to read last week's newspaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Chinese New Year (aka Lunar New Year) begin in February?

That said, anything with a specific date will have a very short shelf-life. Nobody wants to read last week's newspaper.

By @Nancy OShea

The Chinese are flexible when dealing with us barbarians. They are doing calendars using our counting and months with their symbols starting on January first… 😉

But yes, their Spring Festival/New Year's celebrations are around February (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year).

My Chinese colleagues are doing Christmas parties like we do, and they are celebrating January first and wishing everybody a happy New Year. And they close offices for their New Year celebrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take any holiday I can get.  🙂

OFF TOPIC:  We had zero trick-or-treaters at our door last night -- likely due to COVID.  Now we're stuck with a bowl of Halloween candy.  I wonder if chocolate bars will keep until next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OT: Same here… but I'm anyhow not a great fan of Halloween as our local traditions get either lost or swallowed by the over commercialized American versions. 😉

Our version of trick-or-treaters (at a different day of the year):

https://luxembourg.public.lu/en/society-and-culture/festivals-and-traditions/candlemas-day.html

“Our” version of Halloween (no trick-or-treaters before the take-over of Americanized culture):

https://luxembourg.public.lu/en/society-and-culture/festivals-and-traditions/all-saints-and-trauliic...

n.b.: In America, I would be a big fan of Halloween…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines