• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejections due to 'Technical issues'

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, Alan here, an amateur/ 'self-proclaimed' mobile photographer. I took all my photos from my phone with attached lenses. However, the photos below were all rejected for 'technical issues' without specifying what the rejection reasons were. So I'm not really sure what went wrong... I tend to avoid enhancing nor editing them as it goes against my photography rules of trying to portray the idea of 'true to life' and 'what you see is what you get'. This is the first time I'm starting to do stock photography so some feedback would be a great help. I'm happy to learn. Thanks!

DSC_0010.JPGDSC_0166.JPGDSC_0251.JPGDSC_0388.JPGDSC_0008.JPGDSC_0066_2.jpg

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Hello,

For stock photos, smartphone pictures tend not to do so well. The sensor size is small, and so when pictures are enlarged, it tends to show the pixels more. Especially as the phone saves them in JPEG format and the phones does its own post-processing you get to set artifacts - you see the pixels, sometimes smudged at bit because of the phones software etc. Mobile pics are fine for Facebook, Instagram etc, but not so much for stock - especially when taken and saved to JPEG.

Your photos abo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

For stock photos, smartphone pictures tend not to do so well. The sensor size is small, and so when pictures are enlarged, it tends to show the pixels more. Especially as the phone saves them in JPEG format and the phones does its own post-processing you get to set artifacts - you see the pixels, sometimes smudged at bit because of the phones software etc. Mobile pics are fine for Facebook, Instagram etc, but not so much for stock - especially when taken and saved to JPEG.

Your photos above have exposure, white balance, some composition problems etc.

For example, the first photo when enlarged you see this:

DSC_0010_pixels.jpg

The pixels appear rather 'glassy' and smudged.

Technical issues cover a wide range of errors.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines