Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejections

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have recently joined Adobe and I have a few files accepted and few rejected.

Can you please advise me on the reasons of the 2 attached

The flower is not upto standard? Is Citroen rejected because of the flags or number plate? It is our own car.

also

Can you advise me how to delete a file once it has been rejected

Thank you

Dee

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What rejection reasons did Adobe Stock give?  Technical, Intellectual Property, something else?

Citroen owns the car design. Images of cars cannot be used for commercial purposes.  They can be used for Editorial Use Only in newsworthy articles.  But Adobe won't accept Editorial Use images from regular contributors.  They currently work with trusted partners & news agencies only.

Property types that may require a property release:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

• Famous landmarks, historic locations, and modern architecture
  • Copyrighted works like art, books, maps, fictional characters
  • Identifiable exterior or interior of private homes and buildings
  • Distinctive product shapes like toys, bottles, luxury furniture, vehicles, airplanes
  • Unique animals, such as race horses, famous pets, certain zoo animals
  • Properties with photography policies, which may include stadiums, museums, concert venues, amusement parks

See links below:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your response. It sounds like a bit of a nightmare knowing
what photographs to use,
So, I understand the car now.
The flower was a technical issue. Could you please help me with that one.

Also

How can I delete the car off Adobe please?

Thank you

Dee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejected images can't be deleted.  Besides they are just thumbnail previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flower is underexposed and IMO it's cropped too tightly to the point of being clipped.  I'd prefer to see the entire flower with some empty space around it.

Take a look at what other Stock Contributors are doing in your keyword category. 

Flower Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the histogram for your pictures. Well exposed pictures have an evenly populated histogram. Your flower picture is missing half of the highlights and has no whites (the lightest part of a picture):

Abambo_0-1629723878012.png

Well exposed, the histogram looks somewhere like this one:

Abambo_1-1629723967766.png

Concerning your Citroën, the issue is with the plate (you could, however, try to issue a property release for both numbers) and the logos (chevron, logos on the lights). The picture itself, however, is also lacking some appeal, as it is not sharp and strangely dull. The British flags on a French car may look like a sacrilege for both, British and French people, but flags are not copyrighted, with one exception for Singapore if my memory is correct. Go somewhere out in the nature and take some pleasant pictures of the car, avoiding the pain points. As it is your car, that should be possible... 🙂 If then you add also people to the pictures in clothes correspond to the year of construction of the car (with model release, even if it is yourself), you may get some nice additions to your portfolio. But please get the pictures technically correct: well exposed, sharp, nicely cropped...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deirdre5ECE ,

The flowers seem to be underexposed and also the edge is a bit soft. Edges need to be sharp so that the subject can easily be removed from its background.

As regards the car, it isn't completely in focus. You need to adjust depth of field to suit the subject you capture. For motor vehicles I normally remove the license disk, trade mark and logo and submit. After doing that I allow the moderator to decide if the design is an intellectual property. On this car I see a circle at the front, and the license that need removal. I am not sure if they'd consider these diagonal strips trademarks. In the case of modern vehicle lines or markings on the side of the vehicle are considered trademarks.

To decide what to upload for commercial purpose the general rule is to avoid intellectual property. That would include trademark, business names, logos and some designs. You can get more details about what are the restricted properties and designs at Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock and attached links.

Avoid all recognizable people except you have the models sign releases. Even if it's just the back of the person, a release is required. If the person is far away, but can be recognized when zoomed, a release is required. The whole idea is that the person or persons must not be able to recognize his or their photo if a release is absent.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines