• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejections!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are so many of my photos are gettign rejected?

I know they are cool and usable and high quality images, this attached photo of asparagus is a great example of this.

Is there someone i can speak to about over-riding the AI?

Would love feedback on this, thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Sorry, but the rejection is correct. 

If you view the image at 200%, you can see that the focus is soft. There is a lila chromatic aberation. Also the shadows are underexposed.  You may also have an issue with the blue band. You my need an IP release due to the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

I agree with @RALPH_L , in addition the tip of the asparagus is left out of the frame at the top.

What you may consider an artistic choice and shot purposefully, Adobe may consider to be a quality issue.  For a photo like this Adobe usually wants all of the main subject in focus in my experience.  I'm willing to bet a photo like this would be useful in composites if it's all in focus. Creativity and artistic expression are often at odds with technical perfection.  

I like to treat rejections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hello,

... However, the concept of the photo is less about the asparagus and more about the idea that our food gets shipped to the USA from south America. I think it's a VERY licensable image for all kinds of stories about agriculture and how the US imports tons of it's fod from south America. The focus falls off on teh Asparagus on purpose, and the Made in Mexico rubber band is generic and in perfect focus. 

By @Tommy28102038gxxw

I don't get the concept. Your image doesn't show the concep

Votes

Translate

Translate

It's really easy to look over our own flaws, and sometimes a fresh set of eyes can be really helpful!

For this photo, there are several areas where it appears the blacks and shadows and blown out.  There are also some bright highlights spots on some of the leaves, perhaps the photo was backlit?

I also wonder if the use of the word "Pantone" in the caption is protected by copyright and considered Intellectual Property.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but the rejection is correct. 

If you view the image at 200%, you can see that the focus is soft. There is a lila chromatic aberation. Also the shadows are underexposed.  You may also have an issue with the blue band. You my need an IP release due to the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Ralph, I see what you are saying... However, the concept of the photo is less about the asparagus and more about the idea that our food gets shipped to the USA from south America. I think it's a VERY licensable image for all kinds of stories about agriculture and how the US imports tons of it's fod from south America. The focus falls off on teh Asparagus on purpose, and the Made in Mexico rubber band is generic and in perfect focus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo may make a point and could sell really well because of it. But it must also be technically perfect by conventional measures. If you have to explain an effect, it isn't going to work. Adobe's customers complain when they aren't "perfect" and it hurts Adobe's reputation, so they won't accept it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

... However, the concept of the photo is less about the asparagus and more about the idea that our food gets shipped to the USA from south America. I think it's a VERY licensable image for all kinds of stories about agriculture and how the US imports tons of it's fod from south America. The focus falls off on teh Asparagus on purpose, and the Made in Mexico rubber band is generic and in perfect focus. 

By @Tommy28102038gxxw

I don't get the concept. Your image doesn't show the concept of importing. And remember, Adobe Stock is international, so for me in Europe, I don't see the connection. Besides, the blue band could well be a problem in IP, and if it is removed, even less concept of importing!

The lack of focus at the top isn't good, just makes a bad photo - sorry!

It isn't AI that does the checking; it is said that humans do the checking and approving.

There isn't anyone you can speak to/write to.

I don't think that your image is 'cool and usable and high quality images, this attached photo of asparagus is a great example of this.'

This is just a matter of opinion.

In its current state, it isn't useable!

But of course, one can always agree to disagree!😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the message is “Produce of Mexico” you should submit a crop like this:

Abambo_0-1674832108259.png

As soon as you need to explain your concept, the concept is badly realized.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @RALPH_L , in addition the tip of the asparagus is left out of the frame at the top.

What you may consider an artistic choice and shot purposefully, Adobe may consider to be a quality issue.  For a photo like this Adobe usually wants all of the main subject in focus in my experience.  I'm willing to bet a photo like this would be useful in composites if it's all in focus. Creativity and artistic expression are often at odds with technical perfection.  

I like to treat rejections as an opportunity to learn to better evaluate my own photos.

I hope your future submissions are accepted🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the comments, I have hundreds of photos already approved and on my dashboard but sometimes i feel like its a crapshoot on what gets approved and what doesn't. What do you guys think of this image that was also rejected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy to look over our own flaws, and sometimes a fresh set of eyes can be really helpful!

For this photo, there are several areas where it appears the blacks and shadows and blown out.  There are also some bright highlights spots on some of the leaves, perhaps the photo was backlit?

I also wonder if the use of the word "Pantone" in the caption is protected by copyright and considered Intellectual Property.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the photo is backlit, and the contrast between the pops of light and the blacks were a creative choice. wondering if i should reetouch them out. wish i had more info from Adobe regarding what's not working for them here and perhaps i can retouch to fit their guidliens better. it's in focus after all. lol also.. The word pantone should have no effect as there are other shots from this series that were accepted and they all have the same naming structure and metadata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative choices like this will be seen as defects:

Abambo_0-1674832527400.png

Adobe does not give more feedback, more feedback would slow down the moderation process considerable.

Pantone is a trademark name that should not be used. You will get sued, if you use the Pantone trade name in a manner not authorized by Pantone.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the concept of this photo?

I think the black areas are too dominating; it's not a very well-balanced photo in my view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines