Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Releases for AI Art

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion for Adobe:

Please make the release process easier for AI generated art containing people. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there is a path for you to make suggestions to the Adobe Stock technical team, but this definitely isn't the venue.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier how???

Simply tick the box that says Contains recognizable person or property.

Upload your signed property release by you as the artist and if applicable the human model your "Generative AI" subject is based on.

Also don't forget to title, keyword, describe and submit as "Generative AI" so customers and reviewers know what it is.

For details on submitting Generative AI, see guidelines below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the reply. I think there should be an easier method to certify that something is AI-generated without having to complete a release for each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't a way of certifying it's an AI image. It's a way of certifying you own the legal right to sell it, so    Lawyers know who to sue if legal claims are made against Adobe (i.e. you). This is all to make Adobe's lawyers happy and reduce the costs of legal action - a constant threat. Photographers often have to supply releases too, graphic artists as well, so AI is just part of the system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name , yes, it is a way of certifying that we own the legal rights.

My point is that people who use AI art generators will usually have multiple images, not just one, and therefore I think there's an opportunity to streamline the certification process so that a single document would serve to certify all images marked "AI generated" in an account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe quite like slowing down the process, and especially preventing a fully automated AI-to-stock process. Just a thought. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: "machine generated art isn't as lucrative as they've been led to believe."

I'd say it's the same as conventional art: profitability depends on how much work you put into it. 

One thing is certain: it has already changed the industry forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A signed release is required for ANYTHING you create, be it watercolor, finger paintings, digital composites or videos.  So AI is no different than any other artwork except that's it's machine generated (warts & all).

I predict that the AI fad will fizzle out when Stock contributors realize that machine generated art isn't as lucrative as they've been led to believe. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there is no place in the Adobe release form system to say that something is AI-generated .

I think a change in the process is inevitable because AI-generated art is a new category and should not be handled like a traditional model release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right. 

You declare it's "Generative AI Illustration" when you submit.

You Title, keyword and describe it as "Generative AI Illustration."

The property release form is for you to sign as the person who created it.  And if applicable, a signed model release if it contains the likeness of a real person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines