Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Required information about sale photograph on Adobe Stock

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know the procedure and information about selling my phographs (taken through mobile)...

Thanks,

Sushrut.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Everything you need to know about becoming a Contributor is on the Help pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Sushrut24554643cvkm ,

These are the Adobe Guidelines that you must follow to be successful. It is required to do processing to clean errors from your photos. Except your phone camera is able to take photos in RAW this creates further quality loss, hence high rejection rate. Also you will need to understand that while there are subjects that can be captured successfully with good focus and detailed image quality, there are others that will not meet stock standard because of the limitations of

Votes

Translate

Translate

With good equipment (DSLR camera vs point & click), proper lighting, good composition and photography skills, it's possible to make some passive income selling photos on Stock agencies. 

The trick is having the right subjects that people want to buy.  HINT:  Avoid pictures of sunrises/sunsets, clouds, plants, trees, flowers & pets. 

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything you need to know about becoming a Contributor is on the Help pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also know that Adobe are looking for world class commercial photography. It is pretty difficult to take photographs of the required standard on a phone - though not impossible, with skill, careful selection of subject, gentle post processing, and a tripod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I can send two pics taken by me as a sample. Will you able to decide about that pics whether they are okay to sell or not okay...

Thanks,

Sushrut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can look but it's up to Adobe Stock Reviewers to decide what gets accepted or rejected.

If send them 5 images and all 5 are rejected, we'll be happy to provide you with feedback.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, on which email id or url I can send 5 images?

Thanks,
Sushrut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reread the above responses for guidance on how to upload your images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image you want us to look at, please upload it here using the insert photo icon. We will need to see it in it's original resolution.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the Adobe Guidelines that you must follow to be successful. It is required to do processing to clean errors from your photos. Except your phone camera is able to take photos in RAW this creates further quality loss, hence high rejection rate. Also you will need to understand that while there are subjects that can be captured successfully with good focus and detailed image quality, there are others that will not meet stock standard because of the limitations of the mobile camera. This link will tell you a little more about that and this other link will give you some additional info about what is required to meet stock standard. At LinkedIn Learn is a course about Mobile Photography by Ben Long that I think you'll benefit from if you pursue this route.

If after going through the above you still would like to try it

You will need to use a photo editor to do post processing to remove noise or make any other adjustments necessary to correct any other error, such as exposure, white balance and so on. I believe there is a Photoshop App in App Store.

After you're done with the post processing you sign in to your Adobe account and go to your contributor page.

Tap on the upload icon at the top of the page.

Tap on the black circle to browse your phone for the photos you want to upload.

After upload is complete add caption and keywords, select category and answer the question.

Tap submit then confirm submit and wait for Adobe's response which is usually within 5 working days. 

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With good equipment (DSLR camera vs point & click), proper lighting, good composition and photography skills, it's possible to make some passive income selling photos on Stock agencies. 

The trick is having the right subjects that people want to buy.  HINT:  Avoid pictures of sunrises/sunsets, clouds, plants, trees, flowers & pets. 

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thank you so much for your email and trying, helping me to resolve my query.
I have full knowledge of photography as earlier I was professional
Photographer, but now I don't have enough time for this because of I
switched over other profession. Though I have to keep continue to take
photographs with my mobile phone. And with selling my phographs, wish to
earn some income.

Thanks,
Sushrut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you were a professional photographer, only the short version: No IP (logos, private property without property release), no people without model release, no artefacts, noise, sensor related problems. Pictures with correct exposure are needed, and no digital filters should be used, including the "portrait" mode of most modern phones or black and white conversions. As you know from your professional work, quality is directly dependant from the used lenses and the sensor size. I'm sceptical about using phones for professional images, but I know people who photograph assets with phones, and they are having sales.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines