• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resubmitting Photos Rejected for IP

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a few of my submissions rejected for IP concerns.

The images are of some historic buildings and signs that have been moved to a city park to help remember the heritage of the area. Many of these businesses closed decades ago and these buildings are no longer actual places of business. As far as I can tell by looking for information about it on the city's website, the park has no restrictions on the use of images taken there. In fact it is a very popular park for wedding photographers.

Is there any way to convey that when submitting images.

Thanks for your input.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to tell when we can't see the images ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here are a couple of the images:P1000494.jpg

P1000482.jpg

Again my question is more about trying to find out if there is a way to explain that these are building are in a public park with signs for business that have been closed since the 60s. I could see that maybe they aren't the most commercially viable as stock and, perhaps, I should sell them as art pieces, or just share them online, but when I saw that they were rejected it peaked my interest in things like this, and maybe of ghost towns, where there is not specific held building copyrights and the trademarks have expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - obviously Adobe don't accept signs with company names on them. Other stock agencies accept them if you upload as Editorial, but I don't think wr have this possibility here on Adobe. If you are a Photoshop user you can retouche away the sign names on the picture of the houses, but it takes some effort ..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess that is the best answer. It doesn't matter if is an active trademark or business. If it looks like it might be you have to have a release to use it. This makes sense... It would be nearly impossible for the staff to look into every roadside sign to determine if the business it was for is still around or if there is an active trademark for that design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines