• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resubmitting Same Photos

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious... has anyone submitted photos in the past which were accepted, and perhaps even downloaded, and then later resubmitted the same photo tweaked and improved after using Lightroom? If so, do you delete the original photo or leave it in place?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

I label each of my accepted images in the Lightroom Catalog so that I will not accidentally resubmit any. Resubmitting can get you blocked for spamming; however I suppose if you delete the previous upload and submit an improved version there's no harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Keep in mind that over "improved" images have been rejected.  Just because it was accepted by one reviewer the first time doesn't mean it will be accepted by another reivewer the second time.  

If it's not selling after a few months, maybe it's not what customers are looking for.  Or perhaps the category is too competitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I label each of my accepted images in the Lightroom Catalog so that I will not accidentally resubmit any. Resubmitting can get you blocked for spamming; however I suppose if you delete the previous upload and submit an improved version there's no harm.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll delete the original first before the improved photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it sells, dont change it. If it doesnt sell, delete it and try again.

If you submit the same photo twice, it may get rejected the 2nd time because it looks like a photo that is alread y accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Makes sense not to change what sells. If I resubmit an improved version on non-selling ones, I'll delete the original first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind: there is no guaranty that the new image gets accepted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, just woke up to find out the new submission was rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that over "improved" images have been rejected.  Just because it was accepted by one reviewer the first time doesn't mean it will be accepted by another reivewer the second time.  

If it's not selling after a few months, maybe it's not what customers are looking for.  Or perhaps the category is too competitive.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines