• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Similar images already submitted??

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 2 of my images were rejected because "Similar images already submitted", but it´s the first time i upload them... 
How can i solve this? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

This rejection reason is used if you submit too many from one photo session at a time and the Moderator judges that they are not unique enough. This can be avoided by not loading them all at the same time, or culling your picks before uploading. It could also means that there are other similar images already in your portfolio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Also from Adobe Stock Contributor User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.ug.html

Selecting your images

Do: Be selective—pick shots that provide their own unique value to potential customers. 

Do: Choose photos that offer space for copy.

Don’t: Select too many similar images.

Variations

Don’t: Send the same file cropped in different ways.

Don’t: Send the same file flipped or rotated.

Don’t: Submit color and bla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This rejection reason is used if you submit too many from one photo session at a time and the Moderator judges that they are not unique enough. This can be avoided by not loading them all at the same time, or culling your picks before uploading. It could also means that there are other similar images already in your portfolio. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jill
I have the same problem. An image was rejected because of its resemblance to another, even though it was photographed in portrait instead of landscape. This is very essential for customers who need complete freedom in their design.
Do you have any idea why the jurors judge different image formats to be too similar?
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael-Raubold,

DO NOT submit portrait and landscape versions of the same image.  It's considered duplication or worse, spamming.  Why?  Because Stock customers can crop landscape images to whatever size and aspect ratio they require.  They don't need you to do that for them. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case the images were definitely unique... i have no similar images in my portfolio... i dont understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case the images were definitely unique... i have no similar images in my portfolio... i dont understand

===========

@Sebastian Jakimczuk,

Without seeing the rejects, we cannot comment.  But maybe Adobe Stock already have too many in THEIR database.    For example, Stock already have plenty of sunsets/sunrises, clouds, kittens, puppies, flowers, leaves & abstract backgrounds for several lifetimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here´s my portfolio https://stock.adobe.com/ar/contributor/210482716/Sebastian

and here are the rejected images (there´s is a photo of the same bird in the portfolio, but it´s a different shot, angle, etc... i don´t think that it can be accused of being similar) DSC_8424-1.jpgDSC_8200-11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bird has got probably the wrong refusal reason. It should have been refused for technical issues:

• noise
  • multiple dust pattern, like here:
    Abambo_0-1625423520400.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, your advice regarding not submitting both portrait and landscape is contradicted by Adobe's own guidelines published here (see point 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

"Think like a buyer. Visualize how your photo might be used and try to provide some variety. Frame your shots differently, and provide vertical as well as horizontal shots to give the user more options."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also from Adobe Stock Contributor User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-don...

Selecting your images

Do: Be selective—pick shots that provide their own unique value to potential customers. 

Do: Choose photos that offer space for copy.

Don’t: Select too many similar images.

Variations

Don’t: Send the same file cropped in different ways.

Don’t: Send the same file flipped or rotated.

Don’t: Submit color and black and white variations of same files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The distinction being "framed" versus "cropped". If the contributor simply takes a landscape image and crops another alternate view in a portrait orientation, that's not desirable/acceptable to Adobe Stock. The designer who chooses to license your image can do that type of crop themselves. However, if you take advantage of the scene while you're shooting and occasionally flip the camera to take a portrait shot instead of traditional landscape, you've retained all of the pixels and provided another perspective on the same scene.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jill,

again – I have not cropped the landscape picture. It is a nativ portrait format with full resolution and a little different in view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said it yourself " a little different in view". That suggests "very similar in view" which is a rejection reason. Using the same location/setting/model is fine but the pictures must be clearly distinct, not just a selection from the shoot. 

This is all guesswork though as I don't see that you shared the pictures you want us to comment on. This is limiting for those who comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't argue, show the pictures. And it may well be that you submitted 5 pictures of the same subject and 4 got accepted, and the fifth got rejected.

As we don't have insight into your submissions, we cannot point out where your pictures are similar. But from my experience I can say that the moderators let pass a number of similar and then stop. So twenty pictures of the same white dog won't pass, regardless of the format.

Just to say, the similar refusal gets also used when others submitted similar pictures, and you are the 9th guy submitting a similar red rose.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jill,

the different is the higher resolution if you not crop your pic... I have practice about 12 years as a media publisher print/digital... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my point. It's better to shoot the image in both orientations, rather than relying on cropping later...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, we have a translation problem 😉 What you mean, I have done. I have not cropped the portrait from landscape.

But it's okay. I'm not a global player with stock photos.  I'm silent again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines