• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Similar Images

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering why 5 of these photos were rejected. I saw that because they are similar, but I took these photos on different days. I also edited these in Photoshop by getting rid of noise by strengthening the Noise Reduction, adding sharpness on the Filters memu for crisp effect and added curves for color correction and for it to be reasonably bright and I did all of these for high quality photos. I even focused on the Clouds  and sky without unwanted objects in the photos to make clear that these are Cloudscape photos  since they are one of the photos Adobe Stock usually buys. I take a lot of Cloudscape and Nature photos. I thought that if the 5 photos where similar that 1 best photo would be accepted. How can I be confident of submitting these kinds of photos to where I know they will be accepted will sell for the future?  img_05625-1.jpgimg_05553 (1).jpgimg_026015-1.jpgimg_016710.jpgimg_064358.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time.  Adobe Stock already contains 18 million+ clouds.  There's too much competition in this keyword category for you to make sales.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=clouds

If you want to succeed at Stock, find less well-represented subjects that are socially relevant.  See below for ideas on what's trending.

https://expertphotography.com/stock-photography-trends/

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though you didn't indicate the rejection reason, I assume that at least some of them were for "technical issues" due to the blown out white sections. But I agree with Nancy that isn't a genre that you should concentrate on with the intent to sell on Adobe Stock. If you search on "sky+clouds", you'll find more than 12 million images already in the database. Nevertheless, if you like doing this type of photography for your own enjoyment, continue doing so. I collect sky images for my archives in case I ever need to do a sky replacement in a landscape image.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @default7jjpb6zh43sj,

It is likely they are similar or close to other skyscape photos that were accepted. I had a rejection like that before. It was not exactly similar, but was rejected as such, probably because the moderator considered it too close to others I had. Since then I did multiple contrasting skyscapes and none was rejected. I would not suggest you focus much on skyscape photos except you are representing noticeable difference such as the different clouds or weather condition. I got about 2 of mine sold over multiple years.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines