• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since the free programme, sales have fallen?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a terrible drop since I sent photos for the free program, only a few and just the ones that had less sales.
Before that I was selling much more in Adobe than in shutter, but since september I've noticed how the sales in shutter keep going up while adobe is down in combat.

Is it just me or has Adobe's sales gone down a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how long does it take before they approve or reject your photos for the free program ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, images were initially marked as candidates for the "free program" back in June/July; we had a few weeks to opt opt out for as many of those selections as we wished. Then Adobe selected an initial batch from those that each user approved in August, and the final selections were made in September. Any that were not added to the Free Stock database remained in our Portfolios as saleable images. Adobe is not adding any images to the Free Stock database at this time, though I think they may do so again some time next year. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. They are actually currently accepting now. It popped up about the end of October for me(and the cut off time was November 2nd) and i nominated some of my stuff for it, i'm just a bit eager to see if my vectors get accepted so i can make my first withdrawal! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed any decline; however I have been adding new images steadily to my Portfolio so that could account for increased sales. My Y-T-D sales in 2021, excluding the one time $5 per image payment for Free Stock, have already exceeded my 2020 sales.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think sales have dropped. But the competition from other Stock Contributors is much greater now.  That means your content must be excellent quality & relevant with what today's customers are searching for.

MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL:

• Is your portfolio large & diverse enough to attract a wide range of customers?
  • Are you using the best possible keywords & descriptions?
  • Are you self-promoting on social media?
  • Have you compared your work with what other Stock Contributors are doing in the same keyword categories?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines