• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

so it's the "technical issues" I need help with

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are fastly different pictures, i think, but they all got the same rejection - and i'm not sure how to differentiate the problems. i'd really love to recieve your critic and help.

Mara 😃

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Hi Mara,

Technical issues may be in “vastly different pictures”, errors are not subject dependant. However, you should limit the posting to 2 to 3 pictures a time. It takes time to analyse the pictures and after a while, you will be able to do that on your own.

4973: Missing contrast, noise. Photographing into the sun is difficult and needs some editing as the sensor dynamics will not keep pace with the subject. It helps to set the ISO to the lowest possible value here.

7724: Out of focus an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mara,

Technical issues may be in “vastly different pictures”, errors are not subject dependant. However, you should limit the posting to 2 to 3 pictures a time. It takes time to analyse the pictures and after a while, you will be able to do that on your own.

4973: Missing contrast, noise. Photographing into the sun is difficult and needs some editing as the sensor dynamics will not keep pace with the subject. It helps to set the ISO to the lowest possible value here.

7724: Out of focus and chromatic aberration.

0991: Chromatic aberration Abambo_0-1635249152936.png and white balance. In addition, you have an IP problem (name of the ship, several logos) and you need to supply a model release for all people recognizable in the picture.

8331: Out of focus, noise, white balance and underexposed. Look at the histogram. Highlights and whites are missing (right part).

Abambo_1-1635249496414.png

0491: Colour noise, probably is the DOF too narrow.

5338: Out of focus, underexposed (look at the histogram), noise. There are also multiple IP violations (name of the ship, pier number, several logos like Coca-Cola etc).

3004: Out of focus, noise, B&W. Don't convert your pictures to B&W, as most of those will be refused. The customer can easily convert to B&W, but he cannot get the colour back.

6221: Out of focus, chromatic aberration, noise.

Look at your pictures at 100% and 200% (sometimes 300%) to detect image defects. If you see them, correct them. Out of focus cannot be corrected. Logos and other identifiers are IP violations and get you a refusal of otherwise perfect images. Model releases are needed for recognizable people. Property releases are required for recognizable properties (ie pictures inside a house).

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank für die rasche Antwort, trotz der vielen Bilder!

Ich werde die Ratschläge auf jeden Fall berücksichtigen - allein der Tipp mit der Vergrößerung auf >200% sollte schon viele Bilder ausschließen. noise/iso/fokus - alles Dinge die ich selbst korrigieren kann und muss und da es Bilder mit der alten Kamera sind, sollte sich ein großer Teil mit der neuen (Chromatische Aberrationen/Noise) schon selbst erledigt haben (die wurden auch nicht abgelehnt).

Thank you for the quick reply, despite the many pictures! Please excuse my spelling - speaking comes much easier to me... 😉

I will definitely take the advice into account - just the tip with the enlargement alone: to >200% - this should already exclude many pictures... Noise / Iso / Focus - all things I can and must correct myself - and since these are pictures with my old camera, a large part of the issues should be taken care of (chromatic aberration/noise) by the new camera (those few pictues were not rejected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) da es Bilder mit der alten Kamera sind, sollte sich ein großer Teil mit der neuen (Chromatische Aberrationen/Noise) schon selbst erledigt haben (die wurden auch nicht abgelehnt).

By @mara0707

Ich habe chromatische Aberration auch mit exzellenten Festbrennweiten, auch wenn diese schwächer und seltener ist. Diese ist recht einfach in der Nachbearbeitung zu beheben, besonders wenn man im RAW-Format fotografiert.

Die Kamera selbst hat keinen Einfluss auf die Bildmoderation, aber es ist einfacher mit einer guten Kamera mit größerem Bildsensor und entsprechenden Objektiven Bilder zu schießen, welche die Moderation überstehen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own commercial projects. No matter what type of camera you use, all images are judged the same way for focus, details, depth-of-field, white balance, color saturation, exposure, cropping, camera angle, and commercial value.  Read these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own commercial projects. No matter what type of camera you use, all images are judged the same way for focus, details, depth-of-field, white balance, color saturation, exposure, cropping, camera angle, and commercial value.

By @Nancy OShea

Which is fine and I do understand it.

But still: it sometimes helps to get feedback or pointed things out - which @Abambo did amazingly well.

Besides, it should be no issue for Adobe stock which camera anyone uses. But it helped me in making less obvious mistakes, or to improve myself over time, as my pictures taken late 2021 did not get rejected- which ever way

I try to get your points right, improve and try with better quality later 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two cameras you speak of are a Nikon d5200 and a Nikon d500, correct?  

You are sort of right, the d500 is superior to the d5200.  But I have several images in my portfolio from a d5200 and can personally attest to it being a very capable camera.  I shoot low light landscapes and my shooting technique is the only thing that has held me back.  

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenses have a much greater influence on image quality than the camera, given that you can shoot at a low ISO and focus correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remember if chromatic aberration in particular happens from the lens, camera, or combination of the two.  Do you know which it is?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to remember if chromatic aberration in particular happens from the lens, camera, or combination of the two.  Do you know which it is?

By @George_F

The lens, basically! Good lenses have extensive chromatic aberration correction. The same sensor, but different lenses, gives different degrees of chromatic aberration. But the sensor has also some influence on this. Read this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines