Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some photos rejected by technical issues

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

Any one could help me to understand what is the technical issues with the images below?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
The images are quite small. Adobe contributor guide says that images should be more than 4 megapixels, but these images are smaller than that. The file size of 2048 x 1536 makes the image to be 3.15 megapixels. 

If you cannot use other camera, you need to make panorama photos. 

The next problem is camera artifacts. That is, camera noise. You can reduce it with Photoshop, or 3rd party tools such Topaz denoise Ai. 

One of your photos 08.jpg has a camera shaken slightly during when you took the photo. You can try to reduce that problem by using shorter shutter speed, or camera stand. 

Then we have the sharpening artifacts, that is too strong unsharp mask filtering. Some camera models make very strong unsharp masking when it's trying to prosess the imagees to look sharper, but if it's too strong, it's being seen as an artifact. If your camera allows you to record RAW files, make it do so so and then you can with image editor such Photoshop make all colors and other details of your photos be as good as possible. 

However, the biggest problem I think still is the camera you've been using. It's produsing small files that are not very good in quality. If you wanna take this job seriously, you need some better camera. I really recommend checking some old used cameras, to make it not too expensive (I'm myself using 10 years old Nikon D7000, which is recording completely okay photos for this purpose), and look some expert advice in some expert camera forums. You would also need to have some proper lens, which can be expensive. 

Also, it's very hard and often impossible to earn with stock photography back the investments we've done into our camera gear. These stock agencies do not pay very well from the sales and you need to have an exceptionally good quality in a photo and professional editing to be able to have many sales with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add additional comment here, since I don't wanna lead anyone astray and the stock agencies really don't advertice this side of the story.

So, I am struggling with this stock stuff. I've sold only 36 images in over year I've been here, from which I've earned $31.45 which is not much.

Still, I am able to make quite okay photos with good quality, see the portfolio: Artturi photos, images, assets | Adobe Stock 

However, as said, I am not getting much sales, which I believe means that I still have not been able to record topics that are needed, or maybe my tagging has not been good enough, or maybe something else? There just is so much photos in this kind of photos, that something super special has to be done  to be recognized.

Anyways, it's a tought job and you really need to invest time and effort and probably also money to be able to live from stock photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I realized that Adobe reduces the size of the photos for this forum. The real size of your photos seem to be 4608 x 3456, which is completely okay! The reason for rejection is completely in some artifacts there are in the photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stay on topic!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aartturi wrote:

Hi! 
The images are quite small. Adobe contributor guide says that images should be more than 4 megapixels, but these images are smaller than that. The file size of 2048 x 1536 makes the image to be 3.15 megapixels. 

It's not possible to submit pictures to Adobe stock that are too small. Those even don't get to moderation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you all for the comments.

It helps me a lot.

Maicon Strey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please limit yourself to one or two pictures per request. It gets confusing to follow discussions with a lot of pictures, and it's some work to review your pictures and the defects are very often similar.

Your camera's postprocessing creates a bunch of artefacts.

92F63FA8-A3E7-4221-9259-5EB0DAE095C2.jpegF89D939E-0DE2-442C-AC39-52D43A97A6BF.jpeg

If you look at your pictures at 100% you will see those washed out colours as shown above. Details are not existing. In addition pictures expose halos in the high contrast areas, a sign that aggressive sharpening has been applied.

In addition you have composing errors (see 00). The shell as the main subject needs to be placed using the golden ratio rules. 

3D8A020E-1E68-4C54-8CD1-7DA4F8D217B7.jpeg

Other problems occure when photographing difficult light situations like sunrise/sunset with small sensor cameras. Those cameras simply do not have the reserves needed to get correctly exposed pictures without artefacts.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines