Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something is not working?!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a contributor to adobe stock(BTW as I am an active contributor yesterday I've won 1-year membership as "all app" as "photography" packages). So, I am uploading photos and videos very often and has only 16 sales (only photos). I am interesting - WHY?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Hi george

There are 3 main factors that will affect the speed of sales

1. quality;
  2. being able to identify exactly what all customers want;
  3. being able to tag so that when customers search, they'll always find your work;

Of all the factors above, quality is the easiest, and even that takes time to develop. The other 2 are extremely difficult if possible.

In addition, it's thousands of photographers, uploading millions of work; many of whom are more popular than you are. It follows then that what you need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can tell you is that I have 5 sales in one Month with 60 simple graphics uploaded. Perhaps trick is in content type or something else. From what I can understand on my own, guys are working to raise quality what will take some time because contributors and customers will change a bit during this process. In short, lets give them some time because nothing can be done fast. I believe there will be benefits for both sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Reply. Okay, I will wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi george

There are 3 main factors that will affect the speed of sales

1. quality;
  2. being able to identify exactly what all customers want;
  3. being able to tag so that when customers search, they'll always find your work;

Of all the factors above, quality is the easiest, and even that takes time to develop. The other 2 are extremely difficult if possible.

In addition, it's thousands of photographers, uploading millions of work; many of whom are more popular than you are. It follows then that what you need to do is to keep uploading your best work, tag well, and hope that in the process some of your images will get found, liked, and suitable for the project planned for the image purchase. This will take time, and dedication. As you keep uploading, and improving on the quality work, you'll become more popular, and increase the likelihood of more sale frequency.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will check, you will find that I am not uploading low-quality content. I have good sales in other stocks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George

I'm not suggesting you have poor quality images, I'm just highlighting the factors involved in having very frequent sales. Good quality images is just one factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respond. I know that you have not mentioned this, I said that I have great sales in other stock sites, but only in Adobe stock I have last 10 month only 16 sale(only photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The matter is that my sales differ from stock provider to a different one. Pictures that sell well with one perform poorly with an other. And each stock is different.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are looking at different stock sites, different market, possibly different methods of promotion, different number of photographers, and the fact that you are not sure of what most customers want, and what search tags will be used. Nothing happens overnight. In everything you do you gradually grow.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines