• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Categories

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I am not confirmed about my image's category, so I go on Adobe Stock and search about those images. Sometimes I see that the category of the image which is not available for us. Like today I was searching about Rain because I wasn't confirmed of which category will it come. So When I searched on Adobe Stock I found an image that have the category of 'Rain'. This category is not available when we uplaod our images. So how these people do it?
By the way in which category should rain come?image.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

The Environment. But it is not important. The category has no influence on how images are searched for or displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Environment. But it is not important. The category has no influence on how images are searched for or displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L is right. don't stress over the categories and "Environment" would be close enough. If 'rain' is an important aspect of your asset, include it in your title and keywords, along with, maybe, 'weather,' 'storm,' etc. (Just guessing here...without seeing the image, 'weather' or 'storm' may not be appropriate.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Categories are of no use except for people accessing stock via the API and selecting a specific category. Chose one that sounds good.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The category is selected automatically when you upload to Adobe, and I never give it a thought and rarely change it. As others have said here, it's irrelevant anyway. It seems to be a hold-over from the early days when Adobe acquired Fotolia. Not sure why Adobe doesn't just eliminate it, but perhaps they just don't want to invest in the programming necessary to do so.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, it's a parameter you can address in the API. There may be Adobe partners using that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines