• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock images not accepted unfairly

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to be a new creator for stock images, had a bunch of photos that I took in the past and loved, tried posting them to Adobe Stock the other day. 

NONE of the 16 images I submitted were accepted... I feel crushed. Most of them are landscape pictures, a few pictures were taken in a city. I have no clue how not a single picture was not accepted.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to post some of those photos if you'd like some feedback.  Don't feel too disheartened, my best selling fine art photos would never be accepted as stock.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 7.31.20 PM (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One or two full size images is easiest to review and give feedback on.  I won't be able to give feedback on thumbnails as I can't zoom in in the details.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SkiletMike in order for us to review the rejection reason you need to upload 1 or 2 full size original JPEG images that you submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SkiletMike,

Unfair??  I don't think so.  But we can't tell anything from thumbnails. 

Contributing to Stock is not a contest.  It's a business.  Everyone who contributes to Stock gets rejected now & then.  It comes with the territory.  Don't take it personally.

State the rejection reasons Adobe Stock gave you.  The most common rejection reasons are technical issues; unacceptable files;  copyright / intellectual property or model releases needed.  But commercial value is also a factor that must be considered. 

In the meantime, read your Stock Contributor User Guide carefully.  Adobe Stock's customers expect to find professional quality photos. That's why they come to Stock.  When slight correction is needed,  minimally retouch them in Photoshop or Lightroom before you submit.  If required, submit signed property & model releases with images to ensure they are legal for commercial use.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you need to understand this: Adobe don't have to be fair. They want to buy world class commercial photography from creators who are experienced in commercial work and know its needs. You are entering a SUPPLIER relationship, and it's well known that life as a supplier is HARD (and often unprofitable).

Also, Adobe will not give any exact details and will not give info to help people develop. This would cost them time and money - because their second biggest cost (I imagine) is paying reviewers. They want to discourage people who aren't already experienced commercial photographers. (NB this is not an official Adobe view, and they would never admit it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a picture in full resolution here (please ONE(!) and only ONE(!)) with the refusal reason that Adobe gave you (Technical Issues?) and someone here will analyse and give you clues about what the faults are.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Commercial value is important. Very important! How will the photos you uploaded will be used? Think about this carefully!

This is not as easy as people think! It is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

From the thumbnails, I personally don't see much commercial value!

Do read the links provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines