• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock Sales

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, what should i add on my portfolio to gain sales, i still dont have sales for 3 weeks, Ive uploaded about 20 photos. 

TOPICS
Contributors , Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you choose the photo subjects? Did you look for "hot" subjects with few stick photos, or did you upload pictures where there are already millions of competitors?

How did you research the keywords that you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded pictures. directly. here's my portfolio Kevin photos, images, assets | Adobe Stock, can you look at it if theres wrong with my work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said… thousands of thousands photos… https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/stock-sales/m-p/12414928#M35691

Look here to see pictures that sell: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/insights/best/contributors

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me sir? where should i start to gain sales, can you tell what should i do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is that you have not researched the market at all? I suggest you do so. Spend a few dozen hours seatching as a potential Adobe Stock customer. As well as uploading the world's best, technically perfect, photos, you need to focus on delivering the images that people are actually buying today.  (Don't ask other people to share their money making strategy though!)

And I agree. Upload Dozens of technically perfect, market focussed pictures every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload thousands of pictures. Stock sales are slow and depending on the subject of your pictures, you will need to compete against ten thousand or more similar pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Cat pictures. Very nice cat, very nice pictures. But did you search Adobe Stock to see just how many cat pictures are there already? 2.5 million. How do you plan to make yours more attactive to buyers?  In other words, this is about marketing skills as much as photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't spend money to photograph cats, even if they are cute, but if you have cat pictures sitting around, you may as well upload them. You won't get rich, however. My cat picture sales are not overwhelming, but from time to time, I get a cent or two for my cat pictures. However, with 2.5 million cat pictures (I did not check this), you need effectively to have a lot of luck to get your picture shown to potential customers because that's the first hurdle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I am a buyer looking for a photo with the subject "cat in grass" there are approx 250,000 photos available. 3 of those are from you. The chances that yours will be picked is very slim so you need to increase the odds.

1. choose subjects that do not have many submitted photos.

2. load hundreds of photos.

3. make your photos stand out from the rest.

4. use good, no excellent, keywording and titles. 

5. perform searches to see how your keywords are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines