• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange buying on my account

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! There have been some strange purchases on my account, some images have been purchased twice in a few seconds, with different prices. I sent 3 messages through the website form but I didn't get any response from Adobe. It seems to me either a bug or an attempted attack. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do or any other way to contact adobe besides the form? Thanks a lot!
TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

The Contact Us form is the best way to contact Contributor Support.  Typically one email is sufficient, sending multiple emails means they have 2x/3x or more emails to sift through.  With thousands of contributors this can create quite the traffic jam.

I'm under the impression the Adobe Stock Team is a bit backlogged, they usually reply in a few days.  I usually recommend waiting 2 full weeks before sending follow-up correspondence.  Make sure to watch your spam folders and other, my Adobe ema

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Contact Us form is the best way to contact Contributor Support.  Typically one email is sufficient, sending multiple emails means they have 2x/3x or more emails to sift through.  With thousands of contributors this can create quite the traffic jam.

I'm under the impression the Adobe Stock Team is a bit backlogged, they usually reply in a few days.  I usually recommend waiting 2 full weeks before sending follow-up correspondence.  Make sure to watch your spam folders and other, my Adobe emails tend to get filtered to my Promotions tab of my email service.

Good luck!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, George! 

I´ll wait some more to see if I get an answer, won´t request my money until I get an answer about that because it looks not right. 

And yes, I´m checking my spam and promotions folder, also searching for adobe on my email every day too. 
Thanks, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it!  I know it's really hard to be patient through these sorts of things, but in my own experience I've never run into a person who didn't get a response even if it is delayed.

If another 2 weeks go by, check back in with the volunteers here for additional advice.  I hope it works out!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you friend, it helped a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't wish to alarm you but unusual account activity may result in a temporary block your account while Adobe conducts an investigation.  This is normal & expected. 

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy! Thanks for letting me know, I´d got scaried about it without any warning.

I´ve been working a lot to grow my portfolio here (almost geting to 10k images).

Let´s see what happens. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you get your answer, but in the meantime if you are afraid this might be a potential unauthorized access of your account, it's probably a good idea to change your password if possible, unless the aforementioned temporary block on your account disrupts that.

If the acocunt in question is your Adobe ID, this should be under https://account.adobe.com/   - make sure you're logged into your account, then select "Change Password" from the right-hand side. As you go through the prompts, there is an option to sign out of all active logins. This will be a bit of a pain, asyou will have to sign back in in all places where you access your account, but it will also sign out any unauthorized user who does not have your new password. If someone else is more expert/educated, I hope they chime in, but a quick PW change is often the first step to take when you suspect unauthorized access of any account.

NewPW.png

If these extra downloads you're seeing are assets you were looking at and purchasing, it's probably something more akin to a bug. But if you are seeing downloads of assets you never used or looked up, I would be wary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is a Stock Contributor, and is referring to assets he has sold, not assets he has consumed as a Buyer.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, my mistake! Sorry! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I´m a contributor!
But thanks anyway, guys! You´re great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy mistake to make since many people are both Buyers and Contributors !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answers... today another strange buying, with 3 times the same image in a few seconds, all with the same price. I don´t know what to do. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the same Buyer licensing the image for 3 different clients...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t believe is it... it´s very strange. I read about a case here in forum that happened the same thing and the guy lost his account. That´s very disappointed, already sent 3 messages with the form, but now the form say to post here because there are a problem there. I got 10k approved images with lots of efforts working late at night after my daily work, since february. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different prices means different users with different subscriptions, so basically that is a good sign. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be perfectly legitimate if it's originating from an Adobe Partner site using the Stock API. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answers... today another strange buying, with 3 times the same image in a few seconds, all with the same price. I don´t know what to do. 😞

By @Jardel28533735dab1

3 times is really nothing to worry about. I had an asset sitting in the dark for several years. At some point a sale came up. Since then it gets a sale on a regular basis. Sometimes I have twice the same asset in a day. I would start getting nervous, when I would get sales of the same or different asset in the hundreds in a short time.

With 10,000 assets, I would expect some activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy and Abambo! Really hope it is nothing. I want to request my earnings but will wait one more week (it will complete 30 days of the first messages sent with the form) to see if I get an answer first, so I can be sure that everything is ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines