• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Upload Problem

Guide ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I attempted to upload a vector file, along with a jpeg, both zipped together, all according to what I've uploaded in the past dozens of times with not one single issue.

But today I received an "upload error" statement, and the upload failed. Just to make sure, I tried it twice but with the same strange (unexplained) error result.

• The dimension of the jpeg is 5400 x 3014 pixels (as usual)

• The file size of the original AI file is 32.2 MB

• The AI file, zipped together with the jpeg, weighs in at only 22.8 MB, which is well below the 45 MB limit.

I am completely stumped on why the upload was rejected (apparently for some kind of arcane technical reason). I've done absolutely nothing differently (that I can think of) than all my previous successful uploads.

Any ideas?

-- Is there something broken in the vector upload system currently? (Just stabbing in the dark here ... )

Thanks for any intelligence.  :+)

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrStrik

This happen from time to time, if there is a glitch with your internet service (that is short intermittent service), or if the uploader detects what it categorizes as issue with one or more of the work being upload. Sometimes it deems your work to have quality issue(s), and rejects it if it is uploaded with others (in a batch). If however the same rejected work is uploaded by itself, it most likely will go through. Many times images that are rejected within batches, when uploaded by themselves are accepted by moderators. However I would suggest you inspect both Items for quality or other errors before trying again. For example if the files you upload are RBG files, or any other error.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have a more precise error message, I would guess that there is an intermittent problem. Try again later and post back.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the non-precise error message. So far, it has happened every single time I attempt to upload this zip file. The AI file opens perfectly, as does the jpeg. The Zip file unzips perfectly as well.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed when a perfectly good file fails to upload, with non-specific error message.  😞

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 3.59.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the jpeg:

Beach Glass Alphabet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Google Chrome, so also tried Firefox. Same non-specific error message.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrStrik

There seem to be some transparency in your work. If that's the case, that could be the reason for rejection. Otherwise, I

suggest, If you've checked and all is well (such as if it is saved as RGB, etc.), save that work on your computer for upload at a later date. Try uploading a different folder with vector and JPG and see what happens. Give us a feedback on this suggestion.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Good suggestion. I successfully uploaded a zip file that was previously uploaded. So the upload mechanism seems to be operational.

I find it very strange that transparency would be the issue. Transparency is a primary feature in AI. The real POINT of this illustration is TRANSPARENCY. I've seen literally thousands of AI files using transparency at stock.adobe.com (and purchased a few as well).

I've searched every resource available on uploading vector files, and do not find any reason that this file should have any errors.

At this point, it's nothing more than a guessing game, without any clues. It just makes no sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrStrik

I know there was some issue with a few customers who bought vector images recently and complained about transparency. You can try to just take away the transparency and see what happens, or you may wait until I do some consultancy. This may take some time.

Best Wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

But, since the point of this art is transparency, taking it away would defeat the purpose. Since the transparency is visually made obvious in the art itself, complaining about it (especially in a GLASS illustration) would seem silly. I'll keep trying different things, and will hope to hear further explanations on upload failure.

If Adobe ever made transparency illegal for vector, there would be no reason to continue.

I appreciate your willingness to look further into this. I'm all ears.  :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrStrik,

I suggest you wait until a response is made to my consultation. It is the one and only upload rejection error message there is. I was able to identify it because I get it a few times. Either I return with an answer, or a Staff member will directly address your issue.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  :+)

I will be patient, and will continue to explore possible solutions in the AI file itself, as I get time.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquelingphoto2017,

I experimented with a couple of ideas: (1) release all ~80 blends, (2) simplify the auto-traced seascape from 30 colors to 20. This did reduce file size by a bit more than a MB, but alas, upload continues to fail.

I really don't have any other ideas, so I relax and look forward to what your consultation reveals!  :+)

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this morning I tried another upload experiment: I deleted everything in the offending file except the title. (See jpeg)

It uploaded FINE (which makes no sense at all, since there is plenty of transparency in the title, being nothing more than an enlarged subset of the characters in the original file).

Of course I deleted it straight away.Beach-Glass-Alphabet.jpg

So after this, I was going to upload the latest version of the entire file again, in case whatever upload problem had possibly been fixed, and going back to the upload window, there was the dreaded red-line "upload errors" warning! -- This was AFTER I had already seen the successful upload and DELETED the file! -- VERY confusing!

Anyway, I once again began uploading the latest full version of the file and ... it was once again rejected, with the same senseless "upload errors" message.

--

What I "might have" learned from this exercise: the reason for the rejection is most likely not transparency. In a way, that the error probably isn't transparency is something of a relief. -- I just have NO IDEA what the reason actually is.

So I continue to wait, unless I can think of a different upload experiment to learn more ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I tried adding single-lines of the letters in the alphabet to the successfully-uploaded Title. (see jpegs)

01-TitleOnly.jpg

02-Title+Line1.jpg

03-Title+Line2.jpg

04-Title+Line3.jpg

05-Title+Line4.jpg

06-Title+Line1+2.jpg

07-Title+Line1+3.jpg

08-Title+Line1+4.jpg

Results:

1. If only the Title and ONE of the four lines of the typeface is uploaded, then the upload SUCCEEDS.

2. However, if only the Title and MORE THAN ONE line of the typeface (ANY two lines!), then the upload FAILS.

So ... the only guess I can make is that this file is TOO COMPLEX. (???)  But honestly, I've successfully uploaded MANY vector files previously that are FAR more complex than this file, so ...

There's something FISHY going on with the current vector upload routine that has NOTHING to do with this file.

-- OK, I'm done with this for today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

It happens in my case from time to time with batch uploads. The "Learn more about submission" link will lead to registration and upload guidelines; again very general. Quality error, or anything that the uploader deem will cause a moderator rejection will cause the upload rejection.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will need to see the original file as you are trying to upload it to troubleshoot properly. Please upload a copy to a Dropbox folder or something similar and send a download link to support via the contact us page. We can't receive .zip folders directly is the reason for the link requirement.

Have you tried uploading via ftp or uploading the AI file only? If not, please do and let us know if that does the trick.

Thanks,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Mat.

The file is exactly 5400 x 3024. The 3014 was a typo; sorry.

At any rate, I checked the original file dimensions and it is indeed 5400 x

3024, and uploading it fails still, with the non-specific red-line error

screen. (I just tried it a few minutes ago.)

Your message in the contributor group suggested using ftp. What is the ftp

address/password?

Your other suggestion that I upload the ai file ONLY is not workable for

me, since the jpeg created by that system is WAY off in color densities

(very DARK), and unacceptable to me. I've uploaded many zips successfully

of the ai file and an accurate jpeg, and they have all worked perfectly.

I do hope we can solve this very strange upload problem! :+)

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your message in the contributor group suggested using ftp. What is the ftp

address/password?

Look here:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you. (Duh.) :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the chance to FTP: (ai file, jpeg, title+keywords text file).

If it arrived, great. If not, (I'm no FTP expert), please let me know. :+)

Thanks,

Michael

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 8:21 AM Michael Strickland <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to check your uploaded files history for success with FTP. If not, please write to support and send the file via the method I described earlier.

Thanks,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any solving to this problem? I had similar problems recently. I tried to upload via FTP, it said successful transfer, but when I refresh the "Uploaded File" page there was nothing. Tried to upload EPS only, it was successful but the ZIP file always error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines