• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submission massivly rejected

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been a contributor for 2 years and my rate of accepted images is high, around 90%. However, on my last submission which included 48 images, rejections were high, and my acceptance rate dropped to 35%. The technical reasons or duplicates are abusive. Could someone tell me a little more about the selection procedure, if it has changed, because as far as I am concerned, I have not changed anything regarding the quality of the images sent. Cordially,

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

As for the technical reasons, you have sensor dust or similar.

Abambo_0-1655468948296.png

Abambo_2-1655469147804.png

Abambo_1-1655468975481.png

(I've opened the 2 first pictures, and there are a lot of dust patches. I suppose you need a sensor cleaning.)

As humans are checking the pictures, you may have got a very stringent moderator. But there may also simply be erroneous rejections. I had recently 3 with obviously the wrong reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share 2-3 pictures (ORIGINAL not reduced) with the rejection reason for each one. The fellow contributors here may have some tips to share, or observations that you missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are the files incriminated for technical problems... All the other refusals are for similar images. Even if the images are taken in the same perimeter, framing and optics are different. And by dint of using this reason to illiminate the images, there is no longer a single one at the end. So even more similarity possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michelperes , I don't think the selection process has really changed.  The risk of being rejected for similar images is reduced if you submit smaller batches.  However, if the images truly are similar, just choose your best ones and submit those.  It is better to have quality images over quantity.

Regarding the technical issues in the photographs you've shared, there are a couple.  In all of your photos, it appears the colours seem to be oversaturated, especially the sky.  The shadows, especially in the trees of  7152, 7175 and 7178, need to be lifted.  In some of them it is almost black and the trees have no details in the shadows.

The one other item I noticed is in 7178 you have a sensor / dust spot in the middle of the photo in the sky. 

I would say that all of these items, especially if you shot your photos in RAW, would be easily correctable in post processing and could be resubmitted.

Here are some resources you might find helpful, especially regarding the "do's and don'ts" in post processing.

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @Abambo said, photo1, 2 and 4 have underexposed shadows.

The horizon is not level in photo 2. The half of a tree on the right needs to be removed in photo 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the technical reasons, you have sensor dust or similar.

Abambo_0-1655468948296.png

Abambo_2-1655469147804.png

Abambo_1-1655468975481.png

(I've opened the 2 first pictures, and there are a lot of dust patches. I suppose you need a sensor cleaning.)

As humans are checking the pictures, you may have got a very stringent moderator. But there may also simply be erroneous rejections. I had recently 3 with obviously the wrong reason.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The technical reasons or duplicates are abusive.

===========

Not sure what that means.  🙄

The selection criteria hasn't changed much. But equipment has improved a lot.  We're no longer shooting with 12-16 megapixel cameras.  We're using 30+ megapixel cameras. 

Contributors have improved their skills, too.  The quality of work submitted to Stock is better now than it was 2-5 years ago. 

All things being equal, your competition has gotten better and maybe you've stayed the same.  It's time to spice things up. Get a new camera.  Or get 1 or 2 new lenses to play with.  Experiment with different subjects & scenary.  Stroll through second hand shops and antique stores on the hunt for interesting props you can use to add interest to your photo shoots.  Look for things with unique textures and colors.  A rusty wheelbarrow or worn out window frame.  Whatever suits you.  And then get busy taking more photographs.

Remember Stock is a business like any other.  It's constantly changing.  Trends shift.  People's tastes change.  Keeping your portfolio fresh with new & diverse content is key to more sales.  If your acceptance rate has dropped to 35%, examine your work more closely and compare it with other Stock inventory in the same keyword categories.  Select only your best work.  It it isn't as good or better than what's  represented, don't submit it.  That will reduce your rejection rate.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines