• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitted photos missing keywords...photos not appearing using search tag words

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got 2 separate Adobe accounts and often use this for troubleshooting my contributor account to keep Adobe honest.  I find that there are shenanigans and other problems that appear to indicate Adobe really doesn't care about resolving problems.

A recurring problem I've brought up that has been ignored. repeatedly ...other than acknowledgment of my complaints.  "we will look into it" is all I got.

Case in point....several months ago I posted a dozen photos of Taos New Mexico Pueblo...and to my dismay, the primary keywords were deleted upon posting to where at this point, none of them show up using any of the primary keywords I submitted.  If I tried to edit the keywords, they were dropped.  I complained to this forum and tried to explain the problem and that this had occurred on other submissions.  When I do a search for specific keywords in my other account they don't even appear...maybe 50 photos show up...some similar subjects, but none that I posted.

If you type Taos New Mexico in the image search, only 44 photos show up.   There are a TON of photos from that area and tagged as such...including a dozen or so photos I've submitted that have primary keywords of the subject at hand...which were DELETED upon posting.  Also, if I try to edit AND SAVE, they still revert to secondary keywords that are not really the primary descriptive words.  

I would understand if there were 10,000 images of a subject and submitted photos are buried...but that is not the case.   There are probably hundreds or perhaps thousands of images that don't even show up...and only 44 come up on a specific search for a popular destination.  There seems to be no explanation for this.

This is only ONE example.  I have had this happen on every set of photos submitted.   I manually type those keywords in AFTER I load the photos to the site.  The contributor interface is an absolute NIGHTMARE!!!  which I've complained about many times.   Automatically generated keywords are the worst idea EVER...EVER.

They are NEVER accurate...always write over what I've spent a lot of time typing in...and then disappear again upon submission.  They are not helping and cause a ton of extra work and there is no option to turn off the feature....other than deleting all keywords only to have them pop up again.  

My question is....WHY are keywords missing consistently from my submissions or changed to different words (which I've also brought up).

WHY does adobe only take the time to respond only to completely forget that this is happening. ...no further response or action is evidence of this.

I have a ton of photos ready to submit, but fail to do so because I don't want to waste my time due to the HORRIBLE experience I have had with the submission proc esses and subsequent tepid responses with no action.  Keywords are still missing....deleted....etc.  Why bother??

The only recourse is to give bad ratings every time I get the pop-up asking if I would recommend Adobe software.   I rely on Adobe CC to make a living...and really have no other option.  Apparently Adobe know this and appears to not care at all.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spacejamdon

I am sorry for your experience. I will see how best I can assist to get your issue resolved.

Normally Adobe do not change tagwords. If there is an issue with the words you use to tag your images the submission is rejected for you to make the correction and resubmit. Also normally the auto-generated tags do not override, or replace your tag. If you add excess tags the excess shows in red. Therefore, the problem as you describe it is a bug. I've checked my recently submitted images and find them to be fine, hence it is not a general bug.

Can you post here a few of the replaced keyword for one of the images? I'd prefer about six if there's that much.

I will lock the other post so that all communication will continue on this one.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will work personally with Mat Hayward on this as he is more familar with this issue.  It is a valid bug which I have plenty of evidence to support my case.  Please close this out as your response was not helpful.  I will pursue this issue with Mat.

[moderator deleted signature]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

spacejamdon  wrote

I will work personally with Mat Hayward on this as he is more familar with this issue.  It is a valid bug which I have plenty of evidence to support my case.  Please close this out as your response was not helpful.  I will pursue this issue with Mat.

This is a public forum. If you do not want or need help from the people using this forum, you may omit posting and using the "contact link" at the contributor site.

I find that

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines