Copied

suggestions on why these were rejcted?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were advised by the Moderator of the rejection reason, which appears to be "Technical Issues". The first image is quite underexposed, not in focus and has chromatic aberration and leaning verticals. I'm not certain because it's so dark, but you might have also some IP violations if there are signs or logos that identify specific properties. The second image is also underexposed, lacks sharp focus, and exhibits chromatic aberration.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly! Tripod or faster shutter speeds it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The shutter speed isn't the problem with the focus. You already have a high shutter speed 1/2500. The ISO is also high - 3200.

I think the problem is because of the lens. Did you use a kit lens with your camera? The kit lens that comes with the 'cheaper' (even though they are not so cheap) DSLRs isn't very good, (they are made cheaply so as not to introduce more cost to the camera), the result is even though you focused well, the focus still looks bad. 😞 Like in your examples. I'm afraid to say that by using this lens, the quality won't be so good.

Using a tripod can help in low light conditions, like in the forest because you can use a lower shutter speed and lower ISO. Having a high ISO introduces noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct about my lens use! And thank you for that info. Recommendations on a lens upgrade in the 18-35mm range by any chance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera body are you using? Is it a crop sensor or full frame?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the type of lens you're using as I had this myself and had the same results (though this was quite a few years ago). I would look at the Sigma range or Tokina, Tamron are a good start, with Canon mount (from the metadata it says about the camera make you used). Make sure that it's for 'C' sensor size. 

To get you started look at this link about third party lenses.

Are Third Party Camera Lenses Worth Buying? (howtogeek.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A shutter speed of  1/2500 sec is way too high for a 18-35mm lens. Cut back to under 1/200 sec to reduce the ISO, which should be set to "Auto". Carefull where you make your light metering. Correct exposure issues in post processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines