• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SUNSETS are so awesome

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love sunsets. Everyone does.  Evidently, Stock Contributors think that every sunset is worthy of acceptance because they are in short supply.  Or maybe they think that their sunset is so special it will outsell 11 million other sunsets that Adobe Stock has in current inventory.  The cold hard truth is this.  If your sunset is accepted, the likelihood that anyone will see it much less buy it is between 2% and zero, favoring heavily on zero.  Keep that in mind the next time you consider submitting a sunset. 

Adobe Stock Sunsets

Can we find something other than sunsets to photograph? 

A resounding yes!  Look around you.  Planet Earth is rich with diversity -- rocks, minerals, fungi, plants, foods, animals, birds, fish, insects, people, places, architecture, tools, technology, musical instruments, you name it, the list goes on and on...  It isn't hard to find other subjects to photograph because they're everywhere.  

The next time someone asks us to critique another sunset, I'm going to lock myself in a sound-proofed room  and scream as loud as I can "Pleeeeeze, NO MORE SUNSETS!!"  

There I said it.  I feel better now.  😈

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT work for Adobe.  I am an Adobe customer.  The views expressed here are entirely my own and in no way represent the views held by Adobe or Adobe's employees.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolument d'accord. Cependant je dis toujours aux débutants que la technique fait de bonnes photos mais que si vous y mettez vos émotions ce seront alors de belles photos.....et la est tout le problème.....les lever et coucher de soleil sucitent de grosses émotions.....alors comme on le disait dans une époque très lointainne "Click-Clack merci Ko...." . Il est beaucoup plus difficile de suciter des émotions avec des images plus classique mais qui n'attirent pas forcément le regard des gens alors que le photographe a mis tout son coeur dans la dite image. C'est l'art de la photographie et on doit être prêt à accepter nos échecs....même s'ils n'en sont pas à nos yeux. Cependant j'ai réussit à vendre 4 fois un coucher de soleil. En même temps l'image était exeptionnel 😉 😉 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using it more as a learning experience, and im not that worried about it "making me money" Is uploading a sunset picture looked down on? I am much more excited that it gets a nod to be put into AS, rather then it making me a few cents. Makes us amutures feel like we have done something right. Sorry but not sorry, ill keep trying to upload my sunsets when i take them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have very nice sunsets in my portfolio, with exactly 0 sales. They are great, and I love them, and they have a “wow” factor, and they have 0 sales. Maybe in 10 years…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines