• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical difficulties

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a couple images refused for "technical difficutlies." I was wondering what the community thought. The one image I have had reproduced as a 24- x 36-inch canvas wrap and as one of my 22 x 44-inch Lne To The Heavens images without any loss of quality. The dove image is in sharp focus. I don't see the problem, unless an anti-hunter was reviewing theLTH-700-Colorado-025.jpgDSC_0020-2.jpg image. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

The first image is quite small and low resolution so it's difficult to tell if it's in sharp focus; it looks quite pixelated when I zoom in.  It has a white balance issue - definitely too much magenta in the sky. The foreground appears over-saturated, while the background is too hazy.

Similarly, the second image is too low resolution to determine whether sharp focus was achieved. It also has a WB problem - too blue. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, it most surely would have been

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Verbbaitum ,

The landscape is a nice scene. However, you placed the focus at the wrong point, hence rendering the photo to be of poor quality. The section of the frame near the base is out of focus. Also, the photo is noisy.

The second image has a white balance issue. There is a blue cast. Note that the brown section of the gun handle is also looking slightly blue. That too is noisy - both chromatic and luminance. The depth of field is not sufficient and so the edges are not completely sha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White balance

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If white balance on the camera is set on auto shouldn't that compensate? I
don't think you should have to adjust the white balance for every image you
take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWB is not perfect and it's accuracy in rendering a scene is very dependent on the light and color in the image. Though I usually shoot in AWB mode, I almost always tweak the balance a bit in Light Room. Outdoor scenes frequently need a bit more yellow particularly if there are clouds or shady patches. Indoor scenes can get all messed up if there are a variety of lighting sources in the room, each with a different color temperature. If you care to know more about WB, just Google "Should you use auto white balance".

https://fstoppers.com/education/never-trust-auto-white-balance-your-photography-349671

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is the case with this image. I believe it is exactly as
it appeared and looks best without any manipulation. The image is 4000 x
2676 @
300 dpi

[image: LTH-700-Colorado-025.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White balance has nothing to do with the resolution. And the DPI value is more than irrelevant.

You ask us to look at your pictures, but when we do, you tell us that you don't think that is the reason. In your opening statement you even think that the moderator refused your picture because he is an anti-hunter. May be you should be more humble and accepting the critics of one or tge other. 

If you know the reason don't ask. If you want advice consider it. The people answering your request are very experienced and quite good at spotting oroblems. Nobody, however, pretends that she or he knows exacly why your picture got finally refused. But why not accepting "white balance", correcting that and resubmitting. That would be a try. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since you've rejected my opinion, at least consider respecting the opinions of others here who have given similar input. And if you've decided that we're all wrong, just carry on submitting images like these and collecting rejection notices.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Jill_C said about logos and other identifiable marks, the waterfowl camo cloth is recognizable.  I saw it demonstrated on Shark Tank.  Also Realtree Advantage MAX-4 HD and is a registered trademark.  So the logo must be removed.  This is not optional.  See screenshot from the Stock Contributor User Guide.

image.png

I don't see any problems with the 20-gauge shotgun other than the overall image color balance which can be corrected.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verbbaitum ,

Most of the times auto-white balance does not give accurate result. It is better you manually set white balance, and in tricky situation custom white balance works like a gem. If you're going to use auto-white balance you'll need to do multiple shots and choose the closest one. The auto-white balance behaves as @Nancy OShea says.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Always learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Verbbaitum .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first image is quite small and low resolution so it's difficult to tell if it's in sharp focus; it looks quite pixelated when I zoom in.  It has a white balance issue - definitely too much magenta in the sky. The foreground appears over-saturated, while the background is too hazy.

Similarly, the second image is too low resolution to determine whether sharp focus was achieved. It also has a WB problem - too blue. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, it most surely would have been rejected for IP because the logo/model on the gun as well as the thing beneath it need to be scrubbed out.

If you desire useful feedback from the Community, it's recommended to upload full resolution images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is 3872 x 2592 at 300 dpi low res? Magazines have no problem making a
full-page images from an image that size. IP? Where? You could use a
magnifying glass and not identify IP. The camo "seat" is a widely
accepted pattern. And the image was not rejected for IP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in to 100% and you will see how pixelated the images look. On the gun, I see text: "chambers", and on the camo thing I see "NTAGE MAX 4". Those are identifying marks that could help to identify a particular manufacturer or brand, and won't be accepted by Adobe Stock. The Moderator can only indicate one rejection reason, and they most frequently cite "technical issues". Had there been no technical issues, they would have cited IP instead.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't hunt do you. Guns come with 2-3/4 and 3-inch CHAMBERS. All
shotguns. No problem. I'll just keep selling them with my articles and put
the occasional one on Adobe. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't hunt, and you can't assume that the Adobe Moderators do either. They would probably read this as a logo/manufacturer's identifier.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verbbaitum ,

The landscape is a nice scene. However, you placed the focus at the wrong point, hence rendering the photo to be of poor quality. The section of the frame near the base is out of focus. Also, the photo is noisy.

The second image has a white balance issue. There is a blue cast. Note that the brown section of the gun handle is also looking slightly blue. That too is noisy - both chromatic and luminance. The depth of field is not sufficient and so the edges are not completely sharp. I believe you should have at least included the entire gun barrel and bird feet, hence, I'd say the composition needs improving. 

Please zoom your files to between 100 and 200% to inspect for faults.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe moderators don't moderate pictures on what is represented, except if it is illegal. And white balance is a problem with the hunting image. At least it would not be technical difficulties. If Adobe moderators think that the picture does not generate sales, the refusal reason would be commercial appeal. The automatic white balance is often correct, but not always. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Verbbaitum , nice photos. 

In your landscape, I believe that you made a mistake most photographers make. Your depth of field is too short. F/13 or higher should be used.

In your second phooto all identifiable markings on the bowl and on the shotgun must be removed. Also, the photo needs sharpening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines