• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issue - help to why this photo was rejected?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm uploading photos to Stock for the first time and from the guidelines I have a hard time figuring out why this photo was rejected.

Photoshop is defaulting to export as .jpg - should I be converting or exporting differently to get .jpeg?

Any help is much appreciated !!

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 11.21.27.png

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always give a reason for rejection. I can think of several possible reasons, and the most crucial is that you have a trademark. But please tell us their exact reason, there may be other issues to learn from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this! So I need to photoshop out the apple logo? And it would be good to go?

They just put this as their answer: "Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what I talked about is NOT a technical issue. Where there are multiple issues you only get a report on the first one (then the reviewer stops). I think using any kind of Apple device is a problem - the entire device, not just the logo - because many of them are iconic, even without the trademark. For example, even a sketch of a cell phone with a round button at the bottom is rejected. Anyway, someone else may be able to point at one or more technical issues, these are things like focus, exposure, colour balance, fringing, artefacts - all manner of  "this is not a technically perfect photo".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, good to know for the future, thank you!

Yea, I'm having a hard time seeing how it's technically not acceptable. Besides the black tones maybe being a little too dark, it seems like it's in focus, color balanced the same as my other photos (that were accepted), etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Technical Issues:

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Your photo - underexposed, composition - you have a line from the wall which takes your eye out of the photo - the background is bad:

InkedScreen Shot 2020-08-07 at 11.21.27_LI.jpg

As well as the line at the top cutting her head off - in this case, her computer head!

Also shadows, white balance...

JPG/JPEG is the same, just a different way to write it. All photos uploaded to Adobe Stock have to be in JPG/JPEG format.

You don't have to do anything different. Just make sure you save and upload at the highest quality - so in Photoshop that's 12 - maximum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines